ALL >> Business >> View Article
A Conceptual Framework For Instruction
Total Articles: 101
Smith and Hofer's (2003) research added some flesh to earlier research by Purcell-Gates, Deneger, Jacobson, and Soler (2000), underscoring the lack of consensus among adult educators regarding what's meant by a learner-centered approach to instruction. The picture that emerges from both projects is that, for many educators, learner centered denotes more a style of teaching and interacting and less an approach to curricular development.
The majority of teachers in both studies identified their practice as learner centered even though they followed a traditional curriculum with predetermined lessons and assignments. Both studies highlight the need to promote a fuller vision of exactly what student-centered classrooms and learning can be, and this means Omega Replica Watches providing much more supportâ€” financial, professional, and collegialâ€”for everyone involved in adult education, from volunteer, part-time, and full-time tutors and instructors, to administrators and program directors. Both studies might also suggest that arriving at broadly useful and relevant curriculum is a team-sport, with best results achieved when all stakeholders play a role in the process.
Curricula designed to prepare students for examination or to "reskill" them for the workforce corral students and teachers alike, impoverish the humanness of literacy and significantly reduce the possible roles for everyone involved. These kinds of "trial run" curricula can circumvent instructors' abilities to attend to and nurture the most important aspects of literacy development, particularly in adults: personal interest, investment, and ownership. Students, young and old, are more Replica Omega likely to learnâ€”to internalizeâ€” fundamentals of writing when they have some personal attachment to the texts they are working with, that is, when the texts are their own. As Lytle (2001) suggested, when students have the opportunity at the outset of a program "to explore a range of possibilities" (p. 395)â€”when they are given a voice in the curricular decision-making processâ€”they typically go well beyond generalized goals and tasks, refashioning goals and tasks with their own specific purposes, audiences, and passions.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray