ALL >> Business >> View Article
A Conceptual Framework For Instruction
Total Articles: 101
Smith and Hofer's (2003) research added some flesh to earlier research by Purcell-Gates, Deneger, Jacobson, and Soler (2000), underscoring the lack of consensus among adult educators regarding what's meant by a learner-centered approach to instruction. The picture that emerges from both projects is that, for many educators, learner centered denotes more a style of teaching and interacting and less an approach to curricular development.
The majority of teachers in both studies identified their practice as learner centered even though they followed a traditional curriculum with predetermined lessons and assignments. Both studies highlight the need to promote a fuller vision of exactly what student-centered classrooms and learning can be, and this means Omega Replica Watches providing much more supportâ€” financial, professional, and collegialâ€”for everyone involved in adult education, from volunteer, part-time, and full-time tutors and instructors, to administrators and program directors. Both studies might also suggest that arriving at broadly useful and relevant curriculum is a team-sport, with best results achieved when all stakeholders play a role in the process.
Curricula designed to prepare students for examination or to "reskill" them for the workforce corral students and teachers alike, impoverish the humanness of literacy and significantly reduce the possible roles for everyone involved. These kinds of "trial run" curricula can circumvent instructors' abilities to attend to and nurture the most important aspects of literacy development, particularly in adults: personal interest, investment, and ownership. Students, young and old, are more Replica Omega likely to learnâ€”to internalizeâ€” fundamentals of writing when they have some personal attachment to the texts they are working with, that is, when the texts are their own. As Lytle (2001) suggested, when students have the opportunity at the outset of a program "to explore a range of possibilities" (p. 395)â€”when they are given a voice in the curricular decision-making processâ€”they typically go well beyond generalized goals and tasks, refashioning goals and tasks with their own specific purposes, audiences, and passions.
Business Articles1. Household Shifting Services In Bangalore Mumbai Unionpackers
2. How Can You Lower Your Lcl Sea Freight Costs?
3. How To Keep Yourself Safe While Working At Heights
4. Opportunities For The Global Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2023
5. Floral Arrangement For The Perfect Summer Wedding
Author: John Miller
6. 5 Reasons Why Your Website Need Mobile App Development
Author: Anshul Sharma
7. A Gift For Planning Your Event
8. Why Is A Good Night Sleep Essential?
Author: Lewis Carroll
9. Sterlite Copper - The Journey Through Controversies
Author: Alanna Alberto
10. Enhancing Your Business Sales Using Wordpress
11. With Proper Training And Certificates, One Can Become An Expert Risk Manager
Author: George Hoover
12. Anand Enterprises
Author: Anand Enterprises
13. A Good Adwords Agency Is Things You Will Need For The Company!
Author: Magdalene Munter
14. Top Advantages Of Asphalt Seal Coating In Ontario
Author: Vadim Muravyev
15. Take Your Travel Experience Into Another Level By Exploring The Best Location Of India