ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Focus Of The Study Shifted When Analyzed The Data
Total Articles: 116
The focus of the study shifted as I analyzed the data. Originally, the primary objective was to better understand what forms of homework assignments might best encourage reading outside of school. However, the data presented significant patterns that were counterintuitive to me in several ways. Primary among those patterns was the apparent connection between social relationships and reading interest. New coding categories were then used based on the work of Noguera (2003), and the theoretical lens of Gee (1996) was used to form a hypothesis Breitling Replica Watches about these data. Additional interviews were conducted with the new focus in mind, and case studies were developed with an emphasis on the connection between social relationships and reading habits.
This research design provided several key advantages. First, deep knowledge of the participants and school setting allowed for easy communication with participants and the ability to understand and corroborate interview data with first-hand knowledge of the setting and people of the school. Second, interviews with students, parents, and teachers offered the ability to triangulate data, so many sides of the student participants could be brought into view, as well as to ensure that particular data could be corroborated with others. Third, interviewing 10 students and their teachers in the same small school allowed the social interaction of students to be compared with student reading interests and habits in school and at home.
Because 10 students participated in this research, these data are not meant to be generalized but are meant to provide deeper knowledge about these particular students as readers and social actors. Other potential limitations of the study may include the uniqueness of the relationship I have with the students, parents, and teachers. Because I am a former teacher of these students, it is possible students gave answers in the form they suspected I wanted to hear, despite assurances of anonymity and the fact that I was no longer their teacher. For this reason, I chose to interview students, parents, and teachers, because multiple perspectives may have provided a more revealing picture of student reading habits.
The following section offers an overview of the data, first focusing on the ways in which parents supported and encouraged their children to read. This is followed by the number of students that reported enjoying and Breitling Replica being in the habit of reading during silent reading times inside or outside of school (and whether this was corroborated by teachers and parents). Then, I offer the kinds of reading material students preferred and the location of where reading materials were generally found or the manner of obtaining them. The findings end with a note on the reading abilities of these participants.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better