ALL >> Business >> View Article
Adolescents And Texts
Total Articles: 116
1. Scaffolding the English Canon with Linked Text Sets
How can teachers build students' interest and engagement in reading texts in the high school English curriculum while still providing access to challenging texts from the canon? Teachers typically expect their secondary students to read texts from the English canon because these texts offer opportunities for meaningful reflections on essential questions. However, students often do not or will not read these texts because they find them boring or they reject the directive manner in which Tag Heuer Replica teachers present the texts to them (Bass et al.). To address this serious challenge, we offer Linked Text Sets (ITS; Wold et al.) as multiple entry points to scaffold students' examination of essential questions connected to canonical texts. Having different access routes can create productive pathways to understanding the classics and the important questions that undergird them.
2. What Are Linked Text Sets?
Linked Text Sets include print (written texts) and nonprint (visual representations, music, Internet sites, movies) media that invite adolescents into texts and that help them consider important issues and questions such as, "What influences one's identity development?" LTS are aligned to help students build conceptual connections across genres. Foremost, LTS engage students with a wide range of texts to help them understand themselves, those around them, and the universal issues facing humans.
3. Goals for LTS
Linked Text Sets are useful for supporting students as they actu?alize their social and cultural identities through "textual lineages," wherein students find road-map texts that guide their thinking Print and nonprint media offer students a starting place to look for universal insights that cut across gender, race, and ethnicity.
and lives toward positive life outcomes (Tatum 45). In this way, when adolescents struggle to figure out who they are or to respond to how others see them, teachers can help them use literature to establish possibilities in their lives as they make independent decisions. Teachers can use universal questions for Tag Heuer Replica Watches adolescents such as "Who am I?" and "Who do I wish to be?" to help them examine the literary lives of people who struggle with identity. Using these personalized questions to guide students' inquiries about themselves, their peers, and others serves as a catalyst for focusing on the overarching question: "How is identity shaped?"
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better