ALL >> Business >> View Article
Adolescents And Texts
Total Articles: 116
1. Scaffolding the English Canon with Linked Text Sets
How can teachers build students' interest and engagement in reading texts in the high school English curriculum while still providing access to challenging texts from the canon? Teachers typically expect their secondary students to read texts from the English canon because these texts offer opportunities for meaningful reflections on essential questions. However, students often do not or will not read these texts because they find them boring or they reject the directive manner in which Tag Heuer Replica teachers present the texts to them (Bass et al.). To address this serious challenge, we offer Linked Text Sets (ITS; Wold et al.) as multiple entry points to scaffold students' examination of essential questions connected to canonical texts. Having different access routes can create productive pathways to understanding the classics and the important questions that undergird them.
2. What Are Linked Text Sets?
Linked Text Sets include print (written texts) and nonprint (visual representations, music, Internet sites, movies) media that invite adolescents into texts and that help them consider important issues and questions such as, "What influences one's identity development?" LTS are aligned to help students build conceptual connections across genres. Foremost, LTS engage students with a wide range of texts to help them understand themselves, those around them, and the universal issues facing humans.
3. Goals for LTS
Linked Text Sets are useful for supporting students as they actu?alize their social and cultural identities through "textual lineages," wherein students find road-map texts that guide their thinking Print and nonprint media offer students a starting place to look for universal insights that cut across gender, race, and ethnicity.
and lives toward positive life outcomes (Tatum 45). In this way, when adolescents struggle to figure out who they are or to respond to how others see them, teachers can help them use literature to establish possibilities in their lives as they make independent decisions. Teachers can use universal questions for Tag Heuer Replica Watches adolescents such as "Who am I?" and "Who do I wish to be?" to help them examine the literary lives of people who struggle with identity. Using these personalized questions to guide students' inquiries about themselves, their peers, and others serves as a catalyst for focusing on the overarching question: "How is identity shaped?"
Business Articles1. Virtual Power Plant Market Global Insights And Trends To 2021
2. Watch Repair Services In Vancouver, Bc
Author: Toni Carter
3. Small Gas Engines Market Global Insights And Trends To 2021
4. Nuclear Decommissioning Services Market Global Insights And Trends To 2021
5. Opportunities For Global Shared Mobility Market To Reach $138.7 Billion By 2023
6. Opportunities For The Global Chemical Storage Tank Market To Reach $5 Billion By 2023
7. Importance Of Mechanical Engineering Lab Equipments
Author: Naugra Export
8. Know About Various Types Of Electrical Engineering Lab Equipments
Author: Naugra Lab
9. Don't Be Ashamed Of Wearing Strappy Sandals
Author: Unknown Member
10. Nba Playoffs
Author: lifoot care
11. Famous Foot
Author: Advanced Podiatry is one of the largest Podiatry
12. Avoid Metallosis From Bunion Surgery
Author: lifoot care
13. Communication Equipment Email List
14. Key Requirements Of Iso 17025 Documents For Laboratory Management System
Author: Michel Adrien
15. Microsoft Will Reveal New Games Very Soon : Xbox Games In Gold April 2019 Free Games News
Author: Manoj Varma