ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Getting Rid Of Those Disgusting Pests - Cockroaches
Total Articles: 37
The Phoenix, Glendale and surrounding areas of Arizona can have any number of cockroach species infest their homes, including the German cockroach, brownbanded cockroach, American cockroach and the oriental cockroach. We also have other cockroach species that will occasionally enter buildings but become only a temporary nuisance.
Many people are disqusted and squeamish by the simple presence of cockroaches an immediately grab the phone to call a Phoenix exterminator. Which is a smart thing to do as cockroaches are are also a big public health problem. Cockroaches can contaminate food and eating utensils and can carry human pathogens, such as Salmonella and E.Coli, which can result in human diseases, such as food poisoning or diarrhea. Cockroach infestations can also produce surface stains and foul odors from their saliva, cast skins and feces, which can be a source of allergens and can irritate allergies and asthma in people, especially children.
It is important to make the right identification to ensure a proper control of the pest in question as there are many insects that look similar, in fact it can be difficult because the young immature cockroaches can resemble the adults of other species, some can have wings while others are wingless at different stages of their life cycles.
Always take preventative measures because it can be common to carry home cockroaches in bags, boxes and even luggage. Corrugated cardboard boxes are a very susceptible source of an infestation. Always inspect containers that are brought into your home carefully for the presence of cockroaches or their egg capsules, especially if they are brought in from locations known to be infested with cockroaches.
Sanitation is key to reducing cockroach infestations. Roaches need water and food to live and you can minimize an existing infestation when improving sanitation.
- Do not leave food out - utilize insect- proof containers and store food in a refrigerator.
- Do not leave pet food and water out overnight.
- Wash dishes when meals are over
- Wash all counter tops , sinks and tables with soapy water.
- Sweep or vacuum all cracks and crevices to remove all food and debris.
- Take garbage out daily. Always use closed plastic containers or bags.
- Repair any leaky water pipes or faucets.
- Recycle cans and bottles on a regular basis; wash and clean containers that hold recycling items.
- Increase ventilation where condensation is a problem.
- Wash garbage cans, and areas where kept. Keep Dry.
We always recommend you call Invader Pest Management for a professional solution to your pest problems. However if you choose the â€œDo it yourselfâ€ plan, please take Caution: Read all label directions carefully before buying insecticides and again before you apply them. Always follow all label directions completely. The label is the final authority for use of the product. Do not use aerosol foggers and bombs. These products do a poor job of delivering insecticides to the cracks and crevices where cockroaches hide while increasing the exposure of pesticides to people and pets.
Unfortunately, Cockroaches are particularly challenging to control in multi-unit dwellings, such as apartment buildings. It is usually necessary to treat the units that are known to be infested as well as all adjacent units, and while relief for your apartment is slow, if you follow some of the steps above you can reduce the cockroach traffic from adjacent units if your unit is less desirable because it lacks food and harborage that roaches love. Cockroach control in multiple unit buildings usually requires the services of an experienced pest management service and you should always contact your property manager, even before you begin your own treatments.
Article Source: Invader.net
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma