ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Getting Rid Of Those Disgusting Pests - Cockroaches
Total Articles: 37
The Phoenix, Glendale and surrounding areas of Arizona can have any number of cockroach species infest their homes, including the German cockroach, brownbanded cockroach, American cockroach and the oriental cockroach. We also have other cockroach species that will occasionally enter buildings but become only a temporary nuisance.
Many people are disqusted and squeamish by the simple presence of cockroaches an immediately grab the phone to call a Phoenix exterminator. Which is a smart thing to do as cockroaches are are also a big public health problem. Cockroaches can contaminate food and eating utensils and can carry human pathogens, such as Salmonella and E.Coli, which can result in human diseases, such as food poisoning or diarrhea. Cockroach infestations can also produce surface stains and foul odors from their saliva, cast skins and feces, which can be a source of allergens and can irritate allergies and asthma in people, especially children.
It is important to make the right identification to ensure a proper control of the pest in question as there are many insects that look similar, in fact it can be difficult because the young immature cockroaches can resemble the adults of other species, some can have wings while others are wingless at different stages of their life cycles.
Always take preventative measures because it can be common to carry home cockroaches in bags, boxes and even luggage. Corrugated cardboard boxes are a very susceptible source of an infestation. Always inspect containers that are brought into your home carefully for the presence of cockroaches or their egg capsules, especially if they are brought in from locations known to be infested with cockroaches.
Sanitation is key to reducing cockroach infestations. Roaches need water and food to live and you can minimize an existing infestation when improving sanitation.
- Do not leave food out - utilize insect- proof containers and store food in a refrigerator.
- Do not leave pet food and water out overnight.
- Wash dishes when meals are over
- Wash all counter tops , sinks and tables with soapy water.
- Sweep or vacuum all cracks and crevices to remove all food and debris.
- Take garbage out daily. Always use closed plastic containers or bags.
- Repair any leaky water pipes or faucets.
- Recycle cans and bottles on a regular basis; wash and clean containers that hold recycling items.
- Increase ventilation where condensation is a problem.
- Wash garbage cans, and areas where kept. Keep Dry.
We always recommend you call Invader Pest Management for a professional solution to your pest problems. However if you choose the â€œDo it yourselfâ€ plan, please take Caution: Read all label directions carefully before buying insecticides and again before you apply them. Always follow all label directions completely. The label is the final authority for use of the product. Do not use aerosol foggers and bombs. These products do a poor job of delivering insecticides to the cracks and crevices where cockroaches hide while increasing the exposure of pesticides to people and pets.
Unfortunately, Cockroaches are particularly challenging to control in multi-unit dwellings, such as apartment buildings. It is usually necessary to treat the units that are known to be infested as well as all adjacent units, and while relief for your apartment is slow, if you follow some of the steps above you can reduce the cockroach traffic from adjacent units if your unit is less desirable because it lacks food and harborage that roaches love. Cockroach control in multiple unit buildings usually requires the services of an experienced pest management service and you should always contact your property manager, even before you begin your own treatments.
Article Source: Invader.net
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja