ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
It Is Often Claimed That Nuclear Energy Is Something We Cannot Do Without
Total Articles: 51
We live in a consumer society where there is an enormous demand for commercial products of all kinds. Moreover, an increase in industrial production is considered to be one solution to the problem of mass unemployment. Such an increase presumes an abundant and cheap energy supply. Many people believe that nuclear energy provides an inexhaustible and economical source of power and that it is therefore essential for an industrially developing society . There are a number of other advantages in the use of nuclear energy. Firstly, nuclear power, except for accidents, is clean. A further advantage is that a nuclear power station can be run and maintained by relatively few technical and administrative staff. The nuclear reactor represents an enormous step in our scientific evolution and , whatever the anti-nuclear group says , it is wrong to expect a return to more primitive sources of fuel. However, opponents of nuclear energy point out that nuclear power stations bring a direct threat not only to the environment but also to civil liberties.
Furthermore , it is questionable whether ultimately nuclear power is a cheap source of energy. There have, for example, been very costly accidents in America, in Britain and, of course, in Russia. The possibility of increases in the cost of uranium in addition to the cost of greater safety provisions could price nuclear power out of the market. In the long run, environmentalists argue, nuclear energy wastes valuable resources and disturbs the ecology to an extent which could bring about the destruction of the human race. Thus, if we wish to survive, we cannot afford nuclear energy. In spite of the case against nuclear energy outlined above, nuclear energy programmes are expanding . Such an expansion assumes a continual growth in industrial production and consumer demands. However, it is doubtful whether this growth will or can continue. Having weighed up the arguments on both sides , it seems there are good economic and ecological reasons for sources of energy other than nuclear power.
Fitness Articles1. Height Expert Kit – Remedy For Your Height Problems
Author: Expert Ayurveda Pvt. Ltd.
2. Benefits Of Sesame Seeds
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. How To Survive Parties When You Are Gluten Free How To Survive Parties When You Are Gluten Free Aug
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
4. Amazing Weight Loss With Fat Burning Supplements - Crazy, But It Works
Author: Rishabh Singh
5. What Should Women Wear To The Gym?
Author: Dan Keegan
7. Natural Way To Detox Center And Wellness Retreats
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
8. Important Services Provided By Health Products Manufacturers
9. Best Yoga Training Centre In Mysore: Yogadarshanam
10. Not Losing Weight? Here’s Why
11. Crossfit Makes You Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse
12. Eco Slim Capsule For Weight Loss
Author: Malik Asif
13. How To Breathe In A Yogic Pattern
Author: Kara Thorsen
14. Ways To Tap Into Your Hidden Energy
Author: Richard Irving
15. Best Suparna Trikha Shampoo For Fine Hair Color