ALL >> Business >> View Article
Higher Education In Norway
Total Articles: 191
Norway has four universities, six specialized university institutions, 26 university colleges, two national institutes
of the arts and 29 private institutions of higher education. In 2002, a total of 179,000 students were registered at institutions of higher education, with 158,300 at state-run institutions and 21,300 at private institutions.
The system of higher education comprises all educational programmers at universities and university colleges. Completion of three years of upper secondary education is usually required for entry into institutions of higher learning. With the exception of a few of the private university colleges, all higher education institutions are state-run. However, each Tag Heuer Replica institution has considerable academic and administrative autonomy.
Universities Norway's four universities are the University of Oslo, the University of Bergen, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Tronrlheim, and the University of Troms0. The University of Oslo is the oldest and largest of these institutions. Specialized university institutions include the Agriculture University of Norway in As, the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Ad in Oslo, the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences in Oslo, the Norwegian School of Veterinary Science in Oslo and the Oslo School of Architecture. In addition, there are two national institutes of the arts, located in Oslo and Bergen, respectively
University Colleges. The state university college sys-tem is designed to decentralize2 and increase the availability of higher education throughout Norway. The 26 university colleges offer a number of more vocationally-oriented programmes not provided at the universities. Study pro-grammes normally have a duration of two to four years. The university colleges also offer sAme undergraduate courses that are interchangeable between the universities and university colleges. Many students combine courses from both types of institutions to complete their degrees.
In addition to their teaching activities, all the higher learning institutions, and particularly the universities, are responsible for basic research as well as researcher training. The latter primarily takes place through the graduate and doctorate degree programmes. From the autumn of 2003, the Norwegian degree system will consist of three-year bachelor degree programmes and two-year master degree programmes for most areas of study. At the same time, a three-year international Ph.D programme will be introduced at the doctorate level.
Every year, Chinese students go to Norway to pursue studies of many different .subjects. At any given time, there are several hundred Chinese students in universities and colleges all over Norway, from Svalbard in the north to Stavanger in the south
14. First Jinne's Charm
You don't get a second chance to make a first impression, especially when it comes to that crucial first date.
"Girls need to remember a man makes decisions based on instinct," says Benjamin Leven that, 25, a creative executive at VH1, whose Web site is a guide to dating hot spots. "By the time the first drink's been served, he ' 11 have made up his mind about whether he wants there even to be a second date."
Dating dos and don'ts:
1. Match the outfit1 to the occasion. There's nothing worse than turning up at a swank restaurant in scruffy hipster gear, or a dive bar in your uptown clothes. Always ask your date where you're headed.
2. Prove you've got good jeans. Don't be afraid of denim, especially on casual dates.
"Jeans reveal a lot about the woman, based on her choice â€” brand, cut, wash â€” and what she wears them with," says Leven that. "And you can't hide anything in jeans, so a woman who wears great jeans is showing a guy she has nothing to hide."
3. Less is more. "I appreciate the New
York woman's sense of confidence," says designer, Anand Jon, "and the less makeup Tag Heuer Formula 1 Replica a woman uses, the better she transmits that."
4. Wear sexy shoes. "I don't want to sound shallow, but I always notice a girl's shoes," says Jim Shi, 23, a writer for on-line magazine The Daily. "I'm a huge, huge fan of stilettos'."
5. Too tight is trouble. Samira Patel agrees: "Something that made me say 'I'm off!' on a date recently was a girl who wore a very tight blue zip-up top with tight black pants. It looked like scuba gear.
6. Mix it up. Head-to-toe looks, whether super girly or uptown preppy, can be too severe. "It's important with any feminine look to keep that urban edge with a funky pair of shoes," says Jon. "Injecting an unexpected twist5 says a lot about a woman's personality."
7. (Â»o for comfort. The most important thing on any date is that you feel confident -- not to mention comfortable. No matter how fantastic you look, you'll never be able to truly dazzle a guy if what you're really concentrating on is sucking in your lummy6.
Business Articles1. The Best Way To Best Finance Courses
Author: ponting brown
2. Union Packers And Movers India In Bangalore Charges
3. Things You Should Seek In Your Building Supplies Melbourne
Author: Lucas Smith
4. Leslie Waterworks Purification Technology
Author: Leslie WaterWorks
5. Home Water Cooler New York
Author: Leslie WaterWorks
6. Construction Sector To Push The Acoustic Sealants Market Revenue To $1.6 Billion By 2023
7. Wedding Rings Melbourne
Author: Wedding Rings Melbourne
8. Dlf Promenade - Places To Visit In Delhi For Kids
Author: DLF Promenade
9. 7 Tips For Road Safety On Long Haul Mc Truck Jobs From Sydney
Author: 1800 Drivers
10. Top Material Handling Equipment Company- Ace Cranes
11. Asset Recovery Services
Author: Asset Recovery Services
12. Hr Is Pivotal To Human Capital Management
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
13. Best Seo Agency In The World
Author: Jagjit Kaur Rattanpal
14. Ways To Generate B2b Sales Leads
Author: Jagjit Kaur Rattanpal
15. Togbok: Rapidly Talk With Friends