ALL >> Business >> View Article
A Boy With A Minion (一)
Total Articles: 191
In 1945, a 12-year-old boy saw something in a shop window that set his heart racing. But the price â€” five dollars â€” was far beyond Reuben Earle's means. Five dollars would buy almost a week's groceries' for his family.
Reuben couldn't ask his father for the money. Everything Mark Earle made through fishing in Bay Roberts, Newfoundland, and Canada. Reuben's mother, Dora, stretched like elastic2 to feed and clothe their five children.
Nevertheless, he opened the shop's weathered3 door and went inside. Standing proud and straight in his flour-sack shirt and washed-out trousers, he Omega Seamaster Replica told the shopkeeper what he wanted, adding, "But I don't have the money right now. Can you please hold it for me for some time?"
"I'll try," the shopkeeper smiled. "Folks around here don't usually have that kind of money to spend on things. It should keep for a while."
Reuben respectfully touched his worn cap and walked out into the sunlight with the bay rippling4 in a freshening wind. There was purpose in his loping stride5. He would raise the five dollars and not tell anybody.
Hearing the sound of hammering from a side street, Reuben had an idea.
He ran towards the sound and stopped at a construction site. People built their own homes in Bay Roberts, using nails purchased in hessian6 sacks from a local factory. Sometimes the sacks were discarded7 in the flurry of building, and Reuben knew he could sell them back to the factory for five cents apiece.
That day he found two sacks, which he took to the rambling" wooden factory and sold to the man in charge of packing nails.
The boy's hand tightly clutched the five-cent pieces as he ran the two kilometers home.
Near his house stood the ancient barn that housed the family's goats and chickens. Reuben found a rusty9 soda tin and dropped his coins inside. Then he climbed into the loft of the barn and hid the tin beneath a pile of sweet smelling hay.
It was dinnertime when Reuben got home. His father sat at the big kitchen table, working on fishing net. Dora was at the kitchen stove, ready to Omega Speedmaster Replica serve dinner as Reuben took his place at the table.
He looked at his mother arid smiled. Sunlight from the window gilded her shoulder-length: blonde hair. Slim and beautiful, she was the center I of the home, the glue that held it together.
Her chores were never-ending. Sewing clothes for her family on the old Singer treadle machine10, f cooking meals and baking bread, planting and tending a vegetable garden, milking the goats and I scrubbing" soiled clothes on a washboard. But she was happy. Her family and their well-being were her highest priority.
Business Articles1. Household Shifting Services In Bangalore Mumbai Unionpackers
2. How Can You Lower Your Lcl Sea Freight Costs?
3. How To Keep Yourself Safe While Working At Heights
4. Opportunities For The Global Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2023
5. Floral Arrangement For The Perfect Summer Wedding
Author: John Miller
6. 5 Reasons Why Your Website Need Mobile App Development
Author: Anshul Sharma
7. A Gift For Planning Your Event
8. Why Is A Good Night Sleep Essential?
Author: Lewis Carroll
9. Sterlite Copper - The Journey Through Controversies
Author: Alanna Alberto
10. Enhancing Your Business Sales Using Wordpress
11. With Proper Training And Certificates, One Can Become An Expert Risk Manager
Author: George Hoover
12. Anand Enterprises
Author: Anand Enterprises
13. A Good Adwords Agency Is Things You Will Need For The Company!
Author: Magdalene Munter
14. Top Advantages Of Asphalt Seal Coating In Ontario
Author: Vadim Muravyev
15. Take Your Travel Experience Into Another Level By Exploring The Best Location Of India