ALL >> Health >> View Article
University Education Does Not Come Cheap
Total Articles: 191
No money, no spare time, and no sleep. Such are the joys of being a college student in the United States, or anywhere I suspect.
Not having come from a rich family, the prospectÂ® of paying for university haunted me all through high school.
There are many available for students in the US. They are based on race, financial need, academic excellence, talent in sports, and other criteria. Either private or government organizations can be the source of funds. I happened to get a few scholarships while still in high school, but the universities to which I was applying still expected Tag Heuer Replica my parents to contribute about half the tuition, which was around US $ 5,000. We did not have the money. I could earn tuition money, forget education, or simply look for a more affordable school. And, that seemed the best choice for me.
I took my academic scholarships to Delta College, in the state of Michigan. They covered most of the cost, which was US $ 8,000k. This is referred to as a community college, where there are two-year programmes. After two years, students can work in their field, or finish at a four-year university.
During those two years, I worked part time to pay tuition, and saved money by living at home. In doing so, I met a lot of people who were in the same situation. Either they did not have the money, or they weren't sure what career they wanted, so they went for cheaper courses at a community college.
After two years, I chose Central Michigan University (CMU) and applied for other scholarships. I had made enough money in the two years and had enough scholarships that I finally could afford the school.
I had the funds and was excited, but I was nervous about moving away from a situation where no one really had a lot of money, to a place where some students didn't need to work hard to get where they were.
Luckily, some friends I had made at my old college were going to CMU. Laving in a dorm on campus was often as expensive as tuition and was just too much. So, we decided to share an apartment. Split four ways, the rent only came to US $ 235 a month, while a dorm room was US $ 600 a month. Still, to cover the cost of cellophanes, textbooks, meals, and other necessities, we all needed extra money.
My roommates got jobs in fast food place, but I checked Tag Heuer Formula 1 Replica with the university to see if there were any jobs in the work-study programmed. If CMU had not given me a job, I would have to take out a bank loan. That money would have to be paid back with interest. I did not want to start my new career after graduation, in debt.
Health Articles1. Look Before You Breastfeed Your Child
2. Laser Hair Removal Procedure – Everything You Need To Know About It
Author: Beauty Bar Clinics
3. Best Hair Transplant In Bangalore Best Cosmetic Surgeon In Bangalore Liposuction
Author: Girish AC
4. How Can I Order Valium Cash On Delivery?
Author: How Can I order Valium Cash on Delivery?
5. Why To Buy Tramadol Cash On Delivery?
Author: Buy Cheap Tramadol Cod
6. How Digestive Supplement Will Help Your Body To Digest Food Easily
Author: Bella Johan
7. Why You Should Buy Expat Health Insurance In Vietnam?
Author: Expat Health Group
8. Teeth Whitening Procedure – Getting It Done From A Windsor Dentist
Author: Raphael Leo
9. Cryotherapy In Chicago, Illinois
Author: Dr. Daniel Jacobazzi
10. Root Canal Treatment – Getting Your Treatment From A Good Dentist Windsor
Author: Raphael Leo
11. Blog To Overcome Deficiency Of Vitamin D By Tablets And Supplement
12. Remedies For Gastric Ulcer
13. Natural Ways To Clear Kidney Stones
14. 8 Amazing Benefits Of Papaya For Health And Skin
15. 10 Ways To Boost Your Metabolism