ALL >> Business >> View Article
A Bad Economy Has Changed Hip Hop Fashion
Total Articles: 4777
It is common knowledge that hip hop artists have their own sense of style and fashion. Less known, however, is that this is heavily influenced and has been recently impacted by the economy and its ups and downs, which is extensively visible in magazines following stars around and commenting on their sense of fashion.
Popular artists of today have been so affected by the recent downturn in the economy that they have been wearing less "bling", expensive hip hop jewelry. Typically bling sells for an average of $100-$200 per piece of jewelry, but as a result of the recent economic decline, styles and trends have become more simple and dark, which can be seen by the newly popular brand "Blackout" which is a brand that sells black-on-black jewelry. Along with darker colors, many new pieces include fake diamonds as well. A cubic crystal called "Cubic Zirconia" is, now more than ever, being used as a replacement for real diamonds since they look very similar to diamonds but cost only a fraction of the price. Also, many rappers have started wearing obviously fake knock-off articles of clothing and accessories, such as Sofia's Replica instead of Louis Vuitton.
So with the economy where it is at, do hip hop artists care less about their appearance? Certainly not. In fact since hip hop music, its culture and the artists are closely tied to the their fans the music is a reflection of their world. The more successful artists are looking for ways to keep their style while still respecting the state of their fans, and the up and coming artists need to scale back the bling while still having their own sense of style. So right now it has now become crucial for rappers and others alike to combine their fashion sense with more economic-friendly prices. This is why the darker look of black on black jewelry, such as Blackout, has become more popular today. This brand not only brings a new look to the hip hop fashion scene, but also more reasonable prices with a hip hop edgy feel.
Black has always been in and the trend of layering it to include nail polish, hair and clothes. With Blackout the hip hop artists are sticking to the raw look while respecting their fans by not pushing their success in their face. It's so subtle and so cool.
So long ago seem the days that a handbag must match one's belt and shoes. Today is filled with new eclectic looks that include mix-matching, for better or worse. Luckily for people choosing Blackout brand jewelry and bling matches just about everything you own and pulls together looks that may have otherwise been so wrong.
Jansen Davis writes about hip hop fashion jewelry for KingIce
Business Articles1. Why Indian Crafts Is A Best Company To Buy Furniture Online ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. How Does Digital Marketing Works? And What Is Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: MBHITECH Solutions
3. What To Know More About Outsourcing Accounting Services?
4. How To Manage The Accounting Service For Your Business?
5. Thermal Fluid Heat Transfer Systems
6. Employee Provident Fund, Labour Law, Employees State Insurance Consultant In Mumbai
Author: ATSCO Corporation
7. Top Mba Colleges In Jaipur
8. Android App Development Company In Usa, Android App Development Web Services, Android App Developmen
9. The Case For Growth Of Car Parking Tensile Structure In India
Author: Tensile Structure
10. Photocopier, Currency Counting Machines And Cctv Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Amtech Enterprises
11. Why Opt For Custom Shipping Crates?
Author: Kurt Heimbrock
12. למעלה קבלני חיתוך בטון
13. Pain Management Doctors In San Antonio Texas
14. Regular Professional Mold Inspections Ottawa – Why Every Homeowner Should Consider
Author: Mark Simon
15. Online Class Help, My Online Class Help