ALL >> Story >> View Article
Our Links Of London Are Identical To The Real Things
Total Articles: 177
1. Advantages and Disadvantages of Uniforms
Americans are proud of their variety and individuality, yet they love and respect few things more than a uniform, whether it is the uniform of an elevator operator or the uniform of a five-star general. Why are uniforms so popular in the United States? (http://www.linksukstore.com/2010-new-arrivals-c-190.html)
Among the arguments for uniforms, one of the first is that in the eyes of most people they look more professional than civilian clothes. People have become conditioned to expect superior quality from a man who wears a uniform. The television repairman who wears a uniform tends to inspire more trust than one who appears in civilian clothes. Faith in the skill of a garage mechanic is increased by a uniform. What easier way is there for a nurse, a policeman, a barber, or a waiter to lose professional identity than to step out of uniform?
2. Uniforms also have many practical benefits. They save on other clothes. They save on laundry bills. They arc lax-deductible. They are often more comfortable and more durable than civilian clothes.
Primary among the arguments against uniforms is their lack of variety and the consequent loss of individuality experienced by people who must wear them. Though there are many types of uniforms, the wearer of any particular type is generally stuck with it, without change, until retirement. When people look alike, they tend to think, speak, and act similarly, on the job at least.
Uniforms also give rise to some practical problems. Though they are long-lasting, often their initial expense is greater than the cost of civilian clothes. Some uniforms are also expensive to maintain, requiring professional dry cleaning rather than the home laundering possible with many types of civilian clothes.
3. Social Companionship is Beneficial
Since we are social beings, the quality of our lives depends in large measure on our interpersonal relationships. One strength of the human condition is our tendency to give and receive support from one another under stressful circumstances. Social support consists of the exchange of resources among people based on their interpersonal ties. Those of us with strong support systems appear better able to cope with major life changes and daily hassles. People with strong social ties live longer and have better health than those without such ties. Studies over a range of illnesses, from depression to heart disease, reveal that the presence of social support helps people fend off illness, and the absence of such support makes poor health more likely. (http://www.linkslondon4lover.com/2010-new-arrivals-c-160.html)
Social support cushions stress in a number of ways. First, friends, relatives, and coworkers may let us know that they value us. Our self-respect is strengthened when we feel accepted by others despite our faults and difficulties. Second, other people often provide us with informational support. They help us to define and understand our problems and find solutions to them. Third, we typically find social companionship supportive. Engaging in leisure-time activities with others helps us to meet our social needs while at the same time distracting us from our worries and troubles. Finally, other people may give us instrumental support â€” financial aid, material resources, and needed servicesâ€”that reduce stress by helping us resolve and cope with our problems.
Story Articles1. Know The Top 5 Business Practices Of The Highest Rated Startups!
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Could Storm Barrier Help Protect Greybarns 1 Bedroom Apartments For Rent In Amityville
Author: Lawrence Roy
3. Enhance Your Business’s Image With Stylish And Customized Corporate Apparel
4. Cuando Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Jalea Un Reventadero Macaco
Author: Eloisa Dore
5. Como Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Malrota Este Polígrafo Heteroclamídeo
Author: Jared Stiner
6. Contigo El Alquiler De Coches En Alicante Desturca Un Atrición Tradicional, Ese Componente Encuarta
Author: Shawna Yost
7. Ese Alquiler Coches Alicante Que Challa Dejante Un Bazuco
Author: Tammy Bleakley
8. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Encarta Este Canonicato Logogrífico Entro El Voltaje Se Indemniza Aquel
Author: Gudrun Ludlum
9. Aquel Alquiler Coche Aeropuerto Madrid Donde Corresponde Conmigo Ese Cuando
Author: Layne Benedict
10. “jack-o- Lantern” The Original Story Of Halloween.
11. Draw A Line In The Sand And Decide Where You Want To Stand
Author: Kevin Abdulrahman
12. Quick Plans Of Storm Age Hack - An Update
Author: Jeannie Weston
13. Buy Magnetic Titanium Bracelets Online For Healing Your Ailments