ALL >> Art >> View Article
A Crystal And A Gemstone – What Is Difference?
Total Articles: 1
Crystals and gemstones are equally beautiful to look at. Most of us cannot differentiate one from another. Here are a few pointers that one can use, but first a look at what they are…….
What is a Crystal?
Crystals are pure solid minerals made of atoms and form uniform and eye-catching geometric patterns. There are many varieties, and most crystals are found in abundance.
What is a Gem or a Gemstone?
Most Gems are precious crystals with special qualities like rarity, durability, beauty, and luster. Some of them, of course, are not minerals like crystals, but display gem qualities mentioned above. For example Jade and opal
How are Crystals and Gemstones different?
Simply put, even rock salt is a crystal; but can it be a gemstone? The difference is apparent. Here are some pointers to elaborate this point……
1. All Crystals are not Gemstones
Majority of these hard rare stones are special crystals. Diamonds, Emeralds, and Rubies are some crystal gems while Ice, sugar, and salt are also forms of crystals.
2. Gems are durable
Gems are often cut and polished to make carvings or jewelry. Only those Crystals that are durable and withstand all the cutting and polishing displaying other special features qualify as Gemstones. Diamonds qualify as they are the most durable materials found on Earth.
3. The precious stones are rare
Crystals are found in abundance as deposits on Earth. But the special crystals are rare and mining them is even more difficult. According to the Guinness Book of World Records- 2005, Painite is the rarest precious stone found on earth.
4. Classification of Gemstones and Crystals
Crystals are classified according to their geometric shape – Hexagonal, Tetragonal, Rhombohedral etc.
On the other hand, the Special stones are classified on the basis of their color, transparency, and hardness.
5. They are expensive
Since they are rare, gems are more expensive than crystals. The price of these precious stones is determined by their color, cut, rarity and hardness.
While the special rare stones are used for Jewlery and Gemstone carving, Crystals are used for healing and scientific purposes. Gems are also in great demand because they have a positive astrological impact on people’s lives.
Gemstones and Crystal differ in their composition, availability, application, cost, Classification, and durability. Ma Passion is one of the leaders in the market of Gemstone Carving and Jewellery. We source gems from reputed dealers around the world and employ the best craftsman to mold them into exquisite ornaments or carvings.
Comment below if you want to know more about these amazing wonders of Mother Nature. Our personnel who are ever ready to explain which Precious mineral will best suit your needs.
Art Articles1. Traditional Moroccan Carpets And Rugs - Beyond Marrakech
2. Feminine Paintings Women - Indian Art Zone
Author: Indian Art Zone
3. Why Every Beginner Photographer Should Take Photography Classes?
Author: Sophia Cruz
4. Elder Scroll Matches Were Allways Weak In Battle
5. Distraction: A Critical Look At Life In The Screen Age
6. Pick Chilliwack Painting For A Fresh Out Of The Plastic New Look
Author: Olivia William
7. Five Key Advantages Of Getting Inked From Top Tattoo Artists In Miami
Author: Dexter Brown
8. Turning 25 Recently- Know Why You Should Have A Tattoo
Author: Alexander William
9. Well-established Video Production Companies Are Expert At Making Business Videos
Author: Jaxon Floyd
10. Gift Your Loved One A Customized Printed T-shirt
Author: Alex R Dawson
11. About Baby / Maternity Photography : By Self Or Professional Photographer
Author: Jennifer Gordon
12. What Tattoo You Should Do As Per Your Zodiac Sign
Author: Somchai Kaouthai
13. Ship In A Bottle An Amazing Design Of Lego Bricks!
Author: manasi Walavalkar
14. When You Want To Capture Precious Moments Into Me Pictures
Author: GTA Portraits
15. Media Production House In Islamabad
Author: media production house in Islamabad