ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Follow These Tips Before Applying For Small Business Loans
Total Articles: 5
In all the start-up failures that occur in a year, about 30% of them are owed to improper or insufficient financial support. Business is all about investment. Without capital, you cannot invest, thus fail to sustain it. Small business start-up loans, short term, and long-term loans can help a small business attain a large-scale stature. What it needs is a good investment plan.
Many budding entrepreneurs fail to keep their business afloat due to wrong financial decision. Few financial reasons that become the cause of a business failure include-
1. Lack of money
2. Misuse of working capital
3. Delay in payment of secured loan or mortgage loan
4. Over capitalisation
6. Imprudent financial decisions
7. Market fluctuations in terms of cost
8. Accessing wrong financial tool
If you too are planning to start your own business, then you should avoid the scenarios mentioned above. By considering the following points, you can avoid making financial mistakes and take your start-up to the highest sphere of entrepreneurial success-
1. Know your financial requirements
Always be clear about where and how are you going to spend your money. Every business has its own set of financial requirements. Take time to note down all the expenses or investments you will have to make in order to start your business.
2. Categorise long term and short term funding requirements
A business needs both long term and short-term investment. You need to separate them and estimate the amount. For instance, installation of equipment is a long-term investment while paying the electricity bill for its operation is a short-term investment requirement.
3. Know your financial status
Your own assets play a significant role in deciding the future of your business. Called as internal sources of finance, these include assets, savings, equity, and personal loans.
4. Foolproof your business idea
Make sure that your business idea will work in the end. Consider the market in terms of demand for your product or services. Then you should also make sure, if you will be able to pay back the loan or not.
5. Know your liabilities
Every business has its own set of liabilities. You need to be aware of them beforehand. For instance, your production equipment experiences a downtime. This will affect the production plus you will have to meet the expenses to get it fixed. Similarly, if you lose your employees, how will you get the process in place? When you know your liabilities, you can be mentally and financially prepared to take on the situation.
Browse through the internet and check about the experiences of other businessmen. Find out what kind of financial problems they faced during the initial stages of their business. Talk to people around you and gain financial insights on business funding.
Always have a contingency plan. For instance, how will you meet the expenses in case the demand of your product falls or cost of inventory or raw material rises. What will you do in case your business property is struck by a disaster? Always have a backup.
8. The lender
When it comes to small business start-up loans, there are innumerable lenders in the market. All of them following their own loaning process and singular set of pros and cons. Now, it is impractical to think of finding a loan without any downsides. What you need to do is find the best lender, who can cater to your specific financial demands. Several lenders promise expertise in start-up loans and will be able to guide you better than others.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Excellent Reasons To Get A Personal Loan
2. Why For Traders Forex Education Is Important?
Author: Linda Hall
3. What Are Credit Repair Services And How They Help?
Author: Martin King
4. Impact Of Indian Festival On The Stock Market
Author: Akash Rathore
5. Moni Finex
Author: Henry Wil
6. What Is Systematic Investment Plan (sip)?
Author: Shashank Pawar
7. What Is The Importance Of Diversification?
Author: Why do we need Diversification in Capital Market?
8. How To Track Mutual Fund Performance?
Author: Shashank Pawar
9. Private Sector Economists Analysts Again Bring Down Singapore 2019 Development Forecast
Author: Epic Research Singapore
10. Explanation On The Types Of The Stock
Author: Epic Research
11. How To Save Money From Day Deposit , Be Rich, Build Wealth And 100% Change Life
12. What Is Equity Linked Savings Scheme Fund? & Benefit Of The Elss Fund
Author: Shashank Pawar
13. Sources Of Small Business Loans
Author: Secured Lending
14. How To Repair Credit After Bankruptcy In Easy Steps
Author: Darren Burgess
15. Points To Tick Off While Taking A Personal Loan