ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Majestic Muktinath Temple And Its Main Attractions
Total Articles: 22
The Majestic Muktinath Temple and its main attractions
Muktinath is a majestic temple located in the snow-capped laps of the gigantic mountains of Nepal. The name Muktinath literally splits into ‘Mukti’ meaning ‘Salvation’ and ‘Nath’ meaning ‘God’. The Pagoda style temple falls on the route of the famous Annapurna Circuit trek and holds an equal religious reverence for Buddhists and Hindus alike. There is a mesmerizing secret associated with the temple-it is believed to be present on itself. There are one hundred and eight Vaishnava shrines and the Muktinath Temple is one of them.
There are several ways of making it to the temple depending on the budget and the time available. While several pilgrims choose to walk all the way to the temple, there are convenient ways too-like flying from Pokhara to Jomsom and then taking a jeep to the temple. The famous muktinath tour can be easily customized depending on the need and the priorities of the people taking up the tour.
It is not just the Majestic temple that attracts millions of tourists every year. There are several attractions around the temple as well. Here, we tell you about some of the main attractions of the temple that are believed to complete the popular Muktinath tour.
Main attractions of the Temple
1. Mukti Dhara: In the complex at the backside of the Muktinath temple, there are 108 waterspouts shaped like bulls’ heads. The cold water from the Gandaki River has been directed to flow from these spouts. Taking a holy dip under these waters is believed to get salvation to the pilgrims. These waterspouts are known as the ‘Mukti Dhara’ and are one of the main attractions of the temple.
2. Jwala Mai Temple: The Jwala Mai Temple is another major attraction located towards the south of the famous temple. It is popular for three natural holy flames that burn continuously. It is Hindu belief that these were offered by Lord Brahma. Pilgrims who take up the Muktinath Tour do not miss the chance of visiting this temple.
3. Mukti Kunda: Right in front of the temple there are two water ponds called the Saraswati and Laxmi Kunda. It is believed that these ponds have holy waters and taking a dip in them can bring one salvation.
4. Shaligrama: Shaligrama is a black stone that is regarded as sacred and a symbol of Lord Vishnu. It is found in the Kali Gandaki River and is placed in the religious places or places where prayers are performed in a home.
5. Mharme Lha Khang Gompa: This one is a famous monastery, dedicated to Guru Rimpoche (often referred to as Padmasambhava). Present in the northern part of temple, the place is a must visit for the clay idols that are placed inside.
6. Swaminarayan: As the name suggests, the place is dedicated to Lord Swaminarayan, a Hindu spiritual leader who is believed to have practiced holy sacrament inside the temple for almost 2.5 months. For this reason, the place resonates peace and spirituality. Lord Swaminarayan is regarded as the creator of Sabij Yoga and is linked to the iconic muktinath temple.
7. Sri Murthy Mahatma: Another famous attraction near the temple is Sri Murthy Mahatma. The main attraction of the place is the fact that one can find all the five elements of life (earth, water, fire, sky, and air) at the same place.
So whether you visit the temple for religious purposes or as an attraction while on the famous trek route, do not miss these famous attractions that form the part of the temple as much as the temple itself!
Travel Articles1. Trekking In Nepal | Nepal Trekking Packages – Nepal Tour Packages
Author: Himalayan Asia Treks
2. 7 Most Spectacular Hill Forts In Rajasthan
3. A Glimpse Into The Worlds Of Oldest Civilisations
Author: Cliff Collins
4. Executive Chauffeur Driven Car Rental Is An Substitute To Taxis Service
Author: Priyansi Yadav
5. 5 Reasons Why Udaipur Should Be Your Next Weekend Travel Destination
Author: Rajveer Singh
6. Taking The Help Of A Moving Company – How It Is Going To Help You Out
7. Best Tips To Decide On The Chauffeur Driven Car Rental Mumbai, India
Author: Priyansi Yadav
8. Water Sports- The Real Thrill Of Anadaman
9. St. Louis Gateway Arch Museum
10. Dubai Holidays Allow You To Explore The Local Culture
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
11. Save More And Have Fun With Cheap Flights To Dubai
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
12. Best Resorts In Ranakpur Mana Ranakpur
13. Shagun Holidays Taxi Services
14. Top Five Benefits Of Regent Cruises
Author: Joseph Lister
15. Brief History Of The Conquered Of Makkah
Author: Muminah Tannous