ALL >> General >> View Article
Student Partnership Program Colleges: List Of Spp Colleges In Canada
Total Articles: 1
For all those willing to consider Canada as a study abroad option, then the SPP should be your first choice. The SPP or the Student Partners’ Program is a student-friendly initiative by the visa agencies of India as well as Canada. The aim is to make admissions and visa process easy and smooth for Indian students in Canadian colleges. For this, a special category of SPP colleges has been made, which offer admissions to all deserving Indian students, with the promise of quality education and work opportunities.
List of SPP Colleges in Canada
In 2009, the ACCC and CIC collectively, shortlisted over 40 colleges from all over Canada, to be featured in the SPP Program. These colleges have been picked from all the different provinces of Canada, be it in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec or Saskatchewan.
Here is a list of SPP Colleges in Canada, listed in the alphabetical order.
1. Algonquin College
2. Assiniboine Community College
3. Bow Valley College
4. Cambrian College of Applied Arts & Technology
5. Camosun College
6. Canadore College
7. Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology
8. College of New Caledonia
9. College of the Rockies
10. Conestoga College
11. Confederation College of Applied Arts & Technology
12. Douglas College
13. Durham College
14. Fanshawe College of Applied Arts & Technology
15. Fleming College
16. George Brown College
17. Georgian College of Arts & Technology
18. Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
19. Kwantlen Polytechnic University
20. Lakeland College
21. Langara College
22. Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology
23. LaSalle College
24. Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
25. Manitoba Institute of Trades & Technology
26. Medicine Hat College
27. Mohawk College of Applied Arts & Technology
28. Niagara College
29. North Island College
30. Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
31. Northern College
32. Northern Lights
33. NorQuest College
34. Okanagan College
35. Parkland College
36. Red River College of Applied Arts, Science & Technology
37. Saskatchewan Polytechnic
38. Sault College
39. Selkirk College
40. Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
41. Sheridan College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
42. St. Clair College of Applied Arts & Technology
43. St. Lawrence College
44. University of the Fraser Valley
45. Vancouver Community College
46. Vancouver Island University
The Study permit is deemed valid for only DLI-affiliated institutions in Canada. DLI or Designated Learning Institution number is accorded as a mark of recognition given to a particular school or university, to host international students. So, in order avail the benefits of the SPP Program, you should be enrolled in a DLI-recognized institution. However, it is by default that most of the colleges and universities in Canada, are DLI recognized.
What is the SPP Program in Canada?
The Student Partner’s Program in Canada is regulated by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC). Under this SPP program, selected colleges and universities, often termed as the Canadian College Community (CCC), offer admissions to Indian students for undergraduate, post-graduate as well as diploma courses.
However, interested students must keep in mind that students with an already rejected visa from Canada are not eligible to apply under the SPP Program. The motive behind the SPP Program in Canada is to make dreams come true for the students who wish to receive education and work in Canada. For this, the SPP Program provides quality education through the SPP Colleges and great work opportunities, thereafter.
Why Should You Enroll in the SPP Colleges in Canada?
If you wish to pursue your dream of education in Canada, then the SPP Program in Canada is the ideal way to go about it. This is because the SPP Program offers a smooth and easy admission process for SPP Colleges, by offering admissions to students on the basis of merit and fair documentation-based selection. To top it all, it promises to give you a bright future with world-class education, in universities with the latest teaching aids and the best employment opportunities.
What are the Eligibility for the SPP Program in Canada?
The eligibility for the SPP program in Canada is as follows:
1. If you wish to opt for a study course in an SPP college, then you should have relevant study background in that particular subject. For example, if you wish to pursue a science undergraduate course in an SPP college in Canada, then you must have a science as your background for higher secondary. This is because the SPP program requires you to have a course that falls in line with the education you have had so far.
2. If you wish to opt for a postgraduate course, then you must have a minimum of 50% in your graduation course.
3. There should be no gap years, whatsoever. Canada is strict with the gap year profiles, especially in the SPP Colleges.
4. In fact, it is preferred if you have no backlogs in school or college. You will need to punch in a certificate of that says ‘no backlogs’ along with your application.
5. Since Canada is an English-speaking country, you need to give your IELTS/PTE/TOEFL and get an overall band no less than 5.5.
What are the Requirements for the SPP Program in Canada?
Apart from the eligibility, you need to meet the following requirements for the SPP program as well. The SPP program requirements are :
1. The applicant must have a valid passport.
2. A few recent photographs. Read photo specifications here.
3. The IELTS/PTE/TOEFL score report.
4. The Admission Letter from the intended designated learning institution, be it a school/college or university.
5. A Statement of Purpose
6. Educational Certificates and Mark-sheets, including the Leaving Certificate.
7. Degrees and Transcriptions.
8. Financial Documents or Proof of Funds. Education Loans are also accepted as financial aid. Check the list of Indian banks that meet the International criteria list for SPP Program Canada here.
9. The Medical Report, after a detailed medical examination under IMM 1017.
10. A Guaranteed Investment Certificate or GIC, of about CAD$10,000 or the amount that equals the expenses of the first year. However, this amount excludes your tuition expenses. The GIC, under the SPP Program, is issued by the Scotia Bank of Canada.
11. The Family Information Form or the IMM 5645.
How to Apply for the SPP Program?
All applicants who wish to study in Canada and have the profile that suits the SPP Program in Canada can apply for the same. To apply, you must do the following.
1. Choose the Course of Study.
2. Shortlist universities and colleges you wish to apply.
3. Collect all the educational and financial documents. Find the Checklist and SPP Canada Questionnaire here.
4. Prepare your application documents such as the Statement of Purpose, Letter of Recommendation, etc.
5. You can either fill the form offline or online. Read here for more.
6. If you wish to make an offline application, download the form and fill it.
7. Attach copies of your documents and photographs.
8. Make the payment and make sure you attach the payment receipt along.
9. Lastly, prepare the application package and make an international courier.
10. To fill the form online, make scanned copies of all the documents and your photograph.
11. Fill the online application form completely.
12. Upload the supporting documents.
13. Once the application form is complete, head to make the payment. For the payment, you will need a working visa credit card.
14. Make the payment and get a receipt.
15. If you have family members traveling along, fill out their forms as well.
How to Apply for Visa and Work Permit Under SPP?
In order to apply for a Study visa, called the Study Permit, you need to fill out a ‘Study Permit Questionnaire’. In the questionnaire for SPP Program in Canada, you need to answer about your educational qualifications (degree, diploma or certificate), parents’ details such as name and occupation, with all the other relevant dates and details. Find the SPP Program in Canada Questionnaire here.
For all SPP College students with an admission offer, a study permit is a must. For this, you first need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), a precursor to the Study Permit allotted on your entry in Canada. For the Resident Visa, you need to apply at the Canadian High Commission, which is facilitated by the Visa Application Centers.
To apply, you must follow these steps.
1. If you wish to apply Offline, then download the application form. Fill it up and attach the necessary documents. Next, pay the fee which is CAD$ 150 (INR 7400), and attach the payment receipt. Lastly, visit your nearest VFS Canada office and submit your documents. Here, you will have to give in your finger scans as well.
2. To apply Online, you first need to scan your documents and photographs (35 mm x 45 mm in dimension). Fill the form and the VFS Consent Form. Upload the documents and make the payment. Then, you have to visit the VFS office to submit your passport, along with the online application acknowledgement and payment receipt, and do as one would in the offline application.
3. Once you are completed with the application formalities, wait for the processing time of 3-4 weeks and then check the status on the Canadian Consulate‘s website.
This Study Permit also permits you to work on and off-campus. Under the SPP Program, you can work for a maximum of 20 hours per week, alongside regular study in an SPP College. Thus, you don’t need a separate Work Permit. It is only after your Study Permit and course is over, that you need to apply for the Work Permit, often termed as the Post Study Work Permit.
For the Post Study Work Permit, you must fulfill the following conditions.
1. You can apply for a Post Study Work Permit within 90 days of graduating from college.
2. Must have completed the study in a full-time course in Canada. The study period should be at least or more than 8 months and should be from either a public post-secondary institution or a private post-secondary institution in Canada.
3. The Work Permit is allotted only if you have held a Study Permit before.
4. For a study course of about 8 months, you get a work permit for 8 months. However, if your study course was 2 years and more, then you get 3 years of work permit. Thus, it is a rule that the work permit complements the years of the study permit.
What About the General or Non-SPP Colleges?
If you do not qualify for the SPP Program in Canada, but still want to pursue the dream. Then, the other option available for you is the General or Non-SPP application. Under the general application for study in Canada, the documentation is the of great importance, especially the proof of funds. The educational documents are the same as the SPP, but in terms of finances, you will have to produce your tax returns, pay slips for jobs done so far, bank savings, investments, education loans, etc. This is one of the greatest disadvantages of Non-SPP colleges in Canada.
To sum up, for all those wondering about the best colleges in Canada for international students? Your search ends at the SPP Program- Canada. The SPP Program in Canada is an extremely student-friendly for all those willing to study in Canada, especially for Indian students abroad. The colleges under the SPP program such as Seneca College, Centennial College, Humber College, George Brown College, etc have a good global standing in terms of academics and placements. The SPP colleges have a wide range of courses and programs to offer, leaving it up to you to choose from.The application and admission process for the SPP program is fairly simple if you have your documents sorted.
What are your views regarding SPP? Do share with us. Also, kindly share your suggestions and feedback with us in the comments section below.
General Articles1. Savings In 2019: Buy Cable And Internet Bundles
Author: Swiitch2deal services
2. Buy The Best Selection Of Toys For Girls And Boys
Author: Jennifer Jones
3. About Sandra Yancey- Cnn American Hero
Author: Sandra Yancey
4. Information On Zero Liquid Discharge (zld) Plant
5. Ios Training For A Shining Career Ahead
Author: tops technologies
6. Top Three Outfits For A Simply Southern Long Sleeve Tee
Author: Ben Alford
7. Business Training - The Key In Order To Enhanced Employee Efficiency
Author: Yogendra Shinde
8. Corn/soybean Precision Planter Manufacturer Use Features?
9. Not Anymore It May Osrs Gold
Author: OSRS gold
10. How To Book Tent For Tent City Narmada
Author: Vivek Gohel
11. Choose Smax For The Best E-liquid For Sale
Author: Anthony Le
12. Smax Sells The Best Dessert E-liquid Flavor Online
Author: Anthony Le
13. Smax Has The Best Chocolate E-liquid Flavor
Author: Anthony Le
14. What Do Your Customers Really Think About Your Complaint Handling?
Author: Adam Fleming
15. Global Liquid Biopsy Market
Author: Global liquid biopsy market