ALL >> Health >> View Article
Can Wisdom Teeth Reverse My Orthodontic Treatment?
Total Articles: 8
Having a straight smile is everybody’s dreams. Orthodontic treatment helps straighten your smile and improve your bite over time. After investing your money and time with orthodontic treatment, you don't want your orthodontist’s best efforts spoiled by your wisdom teeth. This being a reasonable concern, the truth is far less from scary! According to the dentist Parramatta, whether your erupting wisdom teeth will alter the effect of your orthodontic procedure depends purely on individual cases.
Understanding your wisdom teeth!
The third molars which are also called wisdom teeth erupt in the back corners of your mouth between the ages 17 to 21. These teeth are unusual and cannot be compared with other teeth because:
- Other permanent teeth start growing at the age of 7 and not during teens.
- Wisdom teeth don't serve any real purpose, unlike other permanent teeth.
- Wisdom teeth tend to be an annoyance rather than a survival tool.
Wisdom teeth removal:
Wisdom teeth removal is a standard dental procedure that is similar to removing other teeth. About 85% of people need to extract their wisdom teeth, and luckily others don't!
The reason for removing wisdom teeth includes:
- Excessive pain or infection in the wisdom teeth area
- Likelihood of dental problems in the future
Your dentist will recommend wisdom teeth removal Parramatta if they are:
Impacted: Trapped in-between the gum and the partially erupted wisdom teeth, food remains and bacteria can result in decay.
Partially erupted teeth: It can push adjacent teeth changing their alignment resulting in the need for orthodontic treatment.
Fully erupted wisdom teeth: even fully erupted wisdom teeth can result in problems as they are located far away, they are tough to brush and clean which results in decay and other serious problems.
When you visit the dental clinic for a regular check-up, your dentist may recommend removing impacted wisdom teeth in order to prevent infection, pain, and cyst down the road.
Can wisdom teeth reverse my orthodontic treatment?
The optimal age suggested by dentists for kids to get braces is somewhere between 8 and 14 years of age which is far before wisdom teeth come in. In contrast, people choosing invisible braces are typically older who might have already undergone wisdom teeth removal.
Does this mean you should postpone getting braces? Not necessarily, it becomes harder to realign your smile when your wisdom tooth occupies more space in your mouth. In this case, your dentist will perform x-rays before suggesting orthodontic treatment and explain if wisdom teeth are a concern.
Get a consultation with your cosmetic dentist Parramatta and make your smile straight and beautiful as you always wanted.
The author is a cosmetic dentist Parramatta. With a team of dental professionals who understands dentistry needs and are dedicated to offering the best services to the patients, he offers an all-inclusive list of services from general to cosmetic dentistry and wisdom teeth removal. Visit https://www.curedental.com.au/ for details.
Cure Dental provides its patients with a wide-ranging dental treatments intended to improve their dental health and wellbeing in Parramatta. Maintaining oral health is incredibly important to overall wellbeing, as it can keep you from having a variety of problems including tooth decay, gum disease, bad breath and tooth loss. Whilst we provide a service that intends to help eliminate or prevent these issues, we also provide a range of other dental care options including orthodontics, cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, crowns and bridges, and children’s dentistry.
Health Articles1. The Aging Member And “manopause”: What Every Man Needs To Know
Author: John Dugan
2. Specialization In Sports By Youth & Orthopaedic Risks | Best Sports Medicine Doctor In Bangalore
3. How To Know The Most Important Thing To Look For When Choosing An Orthodontist?
Author: Morry Weiss
4. Order Ambien 10mg Online Cod For Sleep Disorder
Author: Ambien Online
5. Use An Android App For Online Doctors And Get Treated At Home!
Author: Abigail Kane
6. 5 Fun Learning Activities For Your Child With Autism | Centre For Autism In Bangalore
7. What Is Online Diazepam Generic (valium 10 Mg, 5 Mg) Cheap Prices?
Author: What is online Diazepam generic (Valium 10 mg, 5
8. Best Dental Clinic In Ranchi, Orthodontists In Ranchi - Dr. Narnoly's Dental Clinic
Author: narnoly dental
9. Everything That You Should Know About Dental Implant Surgery
Author: Dental Implantologist
10. Advantages Of A Pediatrician Over A Family Doctor
Author: Dexter Brown
11. Three Ways To Reduce Back Pain
Author: Leslie Trigg
12. What Is Sperm Freezing And What Is Its Importance?
Author: Rohini Devi
13. The Ultimate Guide - Drinking Protein Powder!
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
14. A Self-pleasuring Club: What To Expect
Author: John Dugan
15. True Motivation To Lose Weight