ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
What Does The Nissan Qashqai Airbag Warning Light Indicate?
Total Articles: 27
If you’re the proud owner of a Nissan Qashqai 2019 model, then you understand that it’s a safe family vehicle for daily and weekend use. One of the areas that Nissan engineers pay the most attention to is safety, and this includes the airbags. Every Nissan car has an airbag warning light to help you to alert you that there is a problem with your airbag that needs to be fixed urgently. Let’s take a closer look at the airbag warning light and what it may be trying to tell you.
Why Does the Warning Light Come On?
The airbag is designed to deploy quickly within a fraction of a second in the event of a crash. This speed is only possible thanks to a set of sensitive sensors that can understand the differences between hard braking and a potential collision. The airbags are actually part of a more extensive safety system known as the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), and this is used to interpret the generated sensory data. So, if there is a problem anywhere in your safety system the car is designed to give you a warning via the airbag warning light. This light could be marked as “SRS” or “Airbag,” or it could even be a graphic of a sitting person holding a large ball object.
What Does the Airbag Warning Light Mean?
The aforementioned SRS system is relying on sensors that are linked to the seats and seatbelts. These sensors will detect the collision instantly and then inform the SRS that it’s time to deploy automatically. The system will also be told which airbags to deploy and empty seats will remain unaffected throughout the collision. If there is any form of miscommunication between the SRS sensors and the airbag this will be indicated by a lit airbag warning light. This could occur for a number of reasons, such as a wiring issue, a sensor failure, and an actual airbag fault. Another possible issue is that the actual SRS system will not work in the event of an accident. However, if you have a faulty Takata airbag the airbag warning light will not come on at all. This is usually an issue reserved for cars built between 2001 and 2008, but if you are not sure, please check your VIN number or contact your Nissan dealership.
What Action Should You Take Next?
If the airbag warning light comes, it means that there is a significant SRS problem that needs to be fixed. If the light comes on and stays on, you need to get your car checked out immediately. There are few causes that you can check out for yourself too, make sure that the seatbelt is seating correctly and that the tensioner is working. Sometimes dirt and debris can get into the seat belt system, and this can affect the SRS sensors too.
If you’re in the market for new Nissan Qashqai, visit us here at Perth City Nissan and ask about our latest hot deals.
Automobiles Articles1. Auto Body Shop Work Performance
Author: Rickey Gregg
2. 3 Safe Towing Tips For The Peugeot 3008
3. 4 Aussie Roads To Try In Your Skoda Kodiaq
4. Train Battery Market Worth $703.2 Million By 2025
Author: Aaron N Smith
5. A Quick Guide To Upgrading Your Bmw!
Author: Anil Patel
6. Advantages Offered By Oversize Load Trucking Companies
Author: Gabriel Fulton
7. Haggling With A Precision Jeep Butler Nj
Author: Precision Jeep
8. 4 Tips To Choose Best Car Wash Services Near You
9. Moving Forward: Corrective Steps To Obtain An Auto Loan After Rejection
Author: Wiliams Orchard
10. 4 Ways To Avoid Feelings Of Road Rage In Your Nissan X-trail
11. 49cc Motorized Bicycle: Simplifying Transportation With An Auto-mechanic Enhancer
Author: Helio Motorized Bicycles
12. The Amenities And Flexibilities Of The Premium Shuttle Services In Mandurah
Author: Max Brier
13. Get Your Car Dent Repaired By A Professional!
Author: Richard Clinton
14. Vehicle Servicing And Tuning Done Using Original Car Parts In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Tips To Find The Best Service Of Scrap Car Removal In Toronto