ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The New Mx-5 Carbon Hardtop Revealed: Mazda Dealers Perth News
Total Articles: 14
When they visit their Mazda dealership, Perth based motorists will see plenty of excellent car available for sale and the MX-5 has always been a firm favourite. The MX-5 has been a consistently popular roadster for decades, and Mazda have stuck to this tried and true formula for success. Now Mazda has revealed a new MX-5 with a removable carbon fibre hardtop, let’s take a closer look at what we know.
The Tokyo Reveal
This Mazda MX-5 variant was revealed at the recent Tokyo Auto Salon show. This is an extremely attractive variant with a removable car fibre hardtop roof. Another release for this show was a Mazda 3 hatch that was fitted with a brand new factory fitted body kit. Both cars created quite a stir, but at this moment we have no idea if this Mazda MX-5 will make it into full production in Japan or anywhere else for that matter.
The Mazda MX-5
Mazda technically offers a pair of hardtop variants already for their MX-5 lineup. The first of these is the MX-5 RF and the second is an aftermarket car that’s designed for racing. However, this new carbon fibre hardtop takes an entirely different approach. The shape of this new car is more akin to that of the existing folding top, and there is no RF buttress that creates that distinctive smooth and more conventional roofline. This shape creates a look that’s at odds with the racing top, and it leaves vital space to install a roll cage for petrolheads that want to participate in motor sporting events.
A Potential Release?
As we stated above, there is no definitive news at the moment about a full production for the MX-5 carbon fibre hardtop. This is probably because of the higher production costs that would be incurred by producing carbon fibre parts and components. Also, we already have the MX-5 RF, and this would mean that we shouldn’t expect this new MX-5 at a dealer any time soon.
However, this situation is not unprecedented. Fiat has a very similar situation with their 124 GT model. This variant has a roof that can be easily removed in a few simple steps, but then it has to be stored at home. So, it’s essential that the driver carefully checks the weather before setting off.
The Mazda 3 Hatch
The Mazda 3 hatchback that we also saw at the Mazda Tokyo Auto Salon had a very interesting factory body kit installed. The styling is subtle; this car has a black front lip, an extended rear spoiler and matching black side skirts. These parts look quite similar to the ones that are already found on the current Mazda 3. So, unlike the MX-5, the Mazda 3 body kit would be far more simple to implement into a full production run. A word on an Australian release for the Mazda 3 is incoming as we get closer to a local launch.
If they are looking for Mazda dealers Perth based drivers should contact Mandurah Mazda to arrange a no obligation test drive today.
Automobiles Articles1. Auto Body Shop Work Performance
Author: Rickey Gregg
2. 3 Safe Towing Tips For The Peugeot 3008
3. 4 Aussie Roads To Try In Your Skoda Kodiaq
4. Train Battery Market Worth $703.2 Million By 2025
Author: Aaron N Smith
5. A Quick Guide To Upgrading Your Bmw!
Author: Anil Patel
6. Advantages Offered By Oversize Load Trucking Companies
Author: Gabriel Fulton
7. Haggling With A Precision Jeep Butler Nj
Author: Precision Jeep
8. 4 Tips To Choose Best Car Wash Services Near You
9. Moving Forward: Corrective Steps To Obtain An Auto Loan After Rejection
Author: Wiliams Orchard
10. 4 Ways To Avoid Feelings Of Road Rage In Your Nissan X-trail
11. 49cc Motorized Bicycle: Simplifying Transportation With An Auto-mechanic Enhancer
Author: Helio Motorized Bicycles
12. The Amenities And Flexibilities Of The Premium Shuttle Services In Mandurah
Author: Max Brier
13. Get Your Car Dent Repaired By A Professional!
Author: Richard Clinton
14. Vehicle Servicing And Tuning Done Using Original Car Parts In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Tips To Find The Best Service Of Scrap Car Removal In Toronto