ALL >> General >> View Article
How Much Tongue Cleaning Affects Plaque Levels In Children
Total Articles: 82
Tongue cleaning is important in removing extra particles from the surface of your tongue, especially those that cause bad breath. Some people use their toothbrush to do this, while others use a specially made sounded tooth made from metal or plastic. No amount of tongue cleaning can replace proper toothbrushing, but its benefits have prompted some people to add this extra step in their daily teeth cleaning routines.
Over time, bacteria, debris and dead cells can build up over time, leading to the development of plaque. This is especially true among children as they can sometimes forget or inadequately clean their tongue. This can also be a cause for bad breath and give a negative impact on your overall oral health. Using a soft-bristled toothbrush or a tongue scraper, you can effective remove all this buildup, prevent plaque and bad breath, and give you many more benefits like:
• Improve sense of taste. Research have shown that cleaning the tongue twice in a day can improve the sense of taste. This means that your tongue is better able to distinguish between sweet, salty, sour and bitter sensations.
• Improve appearance of the tongue. Excessive buildup of debris on the tongue can cause it to take on a unsightly white, coated appearance. Daily tongue cleaning can help get rid of this coating and stop it from forming again.
• Remove bacteria. Researchers in one study have found out that tongue cleaning twice a day for one week reduces the overall incidence of Lactobacilli and Mutans streptococci in the mouth. These are the types of bacteria known to cause dental decay and bad breath.
• Improve overall health. Getting rid of bacteria is key in preventing gum disease, cavities and other oral conditions. Tongue cleaning can remove these bacteria from the mouth, improving the appearance and sensation of the tongue.
• Tongue cleaning might not replace toothbrushing, but the former can do some things better than the latter. Researchers have found that tongue scraping is more effective at removing odor-causing bacteria compared to brushing.
With all these benefits that tongue cleaning can offer, perhaps it is about time that you start to incorporate this step in your morning and evening oral care routines. To learn more about tongue cleaning or scraping, talk to a reputable dentist in your area now. They would be glad to give you tips on how to better take care and maintain your oral health. You also might want to ask more about the right techniques to proper tongue cleaning and the right tools or products to use.
General Articles1. Savings In 2019: Buy Cable And Internet Bundles
Author: Swiitch2deal services
2. Buy The Best Selection Of Toys For Girls And Boys
Author: Jennifer Jones
3. About Sandra Yancey- Cnn American Hero
Author: Sandra Yancey
4. Information On Zero Liquid Discharge (zld) Plant
5. Ios Training For A Shining Career Ahead
Author: tops technologies
6. Top Three Outfits For A Simply Southern Long Sleeve Tee
Author: Ben Alford
7. Business Training - The Key In Order To Enhanced Employee Efficiency
Author: Yogendra Shinde
8. Corn/soybean Precision Planter Manufacturer Use Features?
9. Not Anymore It May Osrs Gold
Author: OSRS gold
10. How To Book Tent For Tent City Narmada
Author: Vivek Gohel
11. Choose Smax For The Best E-liquid For Sale
Author: Anthony Le
12. Smax Sells The Best Dessert E-liquid Flavor Online
Author: Anthony Le
13. Smax Has The Best Chocolate E-liquid Flavor
Author: Anthony Le
14. What Do Your Customers Really Think About Your Complaint Handling?
Author: Adam Fleming
15. Global Liquid Biopsy Market
Author: Global liquid biopsy market