ALL >> Education >> View Article
5 Mistakes To Avoid When Taking Student Loans
Total Articles: 15
Education loans are a huge relief for students who cannot afford expensive course costs. Education gets costlier if it involves overseas studies. Loans not only enables the child to fulfil their dream but also eases the pressure of the parents’ shoulder. The Indian Government has requested the lenders to prioritise on educational loan as much as a home loan or a personal loan. It has become more of a necessity today. In such scenarios, banks and other financial institutions offer education loan to anyone in India, especially the worthy aspirants.
However, there are some mistakes that people commit when taking up a student loan:
1) Alternate schemes: The internet is a boon to the humankind, especially for the regular banking customers. You can research, read features and benefits, conduct a comparative analysis as to which course will fit your bill and then make an informed decision. Do not fixate on a high-end college. Look out for other options that offer the same education at a lower fee. This way you get a quality education, and it does not hamper your goal as well.
2) Research: Now, look for the right lender. You can do that online as well. You can check on third-party websites and monitor their features, interest rates as well as the equated monthly instalment (EMI) you have to pay towards the loan amount. This way your budget is under control and you borrow what you need.
3) Loan amount: Another mistake that we all commit when taking out any loan is that we take more than the actual requirement. When it comes to education loan, there is a tendency to borrow more money. Parents believe their child will require cash for accommodation, day-to-day purchases, etc. So, borrow the money that you need. Do not add on to your debts.
4) Repayment: Avoid repayment defaults. Chewing more than what you can bite is not going to be helpful. Some want to get rid of their loans as soon as possible and opt for unrealistic repayment methods. It is always better to use the education loan EMI calculator that guides you as to how much you will have to shell out every month towards your loan. It boosts your credit score as well.
5) Prepayments: A loan is always a burden. Precisely why people look to get their investments paid off earlier than the stipulated mandate. Although personal loans do not provide you with the option of pre-closure, you can always prepay the study loan without the stress of any penalty. It also reduces your interest and the total sum as well.
Plan in a better way and choose an education loan wisely!
About the author:
Vishakha Lele is an aspiring post-graduate. She covers various financial aspects through her freelance work. In this article, she has written about the mistakes to avoid after taking a student loan
Education Articles1. School Data Lists Reveals An Amazing Offer On Christmas And New Year On The Education Email List
2. 5 Top Tips For Teaching English To Kids
Author: MyTEFL Reviews
3. Choose A Brighter Career With Mca (master Of Computer Application )
4. How Technology Is Changing Education System
5. Last Minute Tips For Neet Aspirants
Author: SIKHA ROY
6. Oracle Fusion Hcm Online Training | Oracle Cloud Hcm Online Training
7. The Future Of Java
8. 11 Benefits Of Online English Speaking Course You May Not Consider (2018)
Author: Yogesh Vermani
9. An Overview Of Prince2 Training Along With Its Benefits
10. List Of Top 5 Highest Paying Jobs In Tourism
11. What Makes An Engineering College Great?
Author: Sit Pune
12. Kiwifruit Cultivation
13. Why Oracle's Java Programs Is So Popular And High In Demand
14. Selecting The Best Mba Colleges In Bangalore Depending Upon Three Salient Features
15. How Software Training Institutes Help To Increase The Coding Skills Of Students
Author: MindQ Systems