ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
A/b Split Testing: Here's How It's Done The Right Way
Total Articles: 83
A/B testing or split testing refers to a randomized experiment with two variants, A and B, which are the control and variation in the controlled experiment. A/B testing is known as multivariant testing when it is used in the context of testing more than two variants.
In the case of web design, the goal of A/B split testing is to identify changes to web pages that increase or maximize an outcome of interest such as click-through rate for a banner advertisement or more.
So, basically, two versions of something are compared, which are identical except for one variation that might affect a user’s behavior. Version A might be the currently used version (control), while version B is modified in some or other respect (treatment).
An A/B test allows you to make more out of your existing traffic. Almost anything on your website that affects visitor behavior can be subjected to A/B test. You can test headlines, subheadlines, paragraph text, testimonials, call to action text, call to action button, links, images, content near the fold, social proof, media mentions, awards, and badges.
Advanced A/B split testing may include pricing structures, sales promotions, free trial lengths, navigation and UX experiences and more. Since the consequences of a failed result may include experiment bias and inaccurate conclusions to be drawn from the test.
Therefore, it’s important to follow the correct way to run an A/B split testing experiment which is based on a scientific process. It includes the following steps:
Step 1: Study your website:
Website analytics tool such as Google Analytics can be employed to find the problem areas in your conversion funnel such as to identify the pages with the highest bounce rate and more.
Step 2: Monitor user behavior:
Visitor behavior analysis tools such as Heatmaps can be utilized to figure out what is stopping the visitors from converting.
Step 3: Construct and test your Hypothesis:
Build a hypothesis aimed at increasing conversion rate. The hypothesis can be created using data cumulated by tools monitoring users’ behavior aimed at increasing conversions. Create a variation per your hypothesis, and A/B test it on the original page. Calculate the test duration with respect to the number of your monthly visitors, current conversion rate, and the expected change in the conversion rate.
Step 4: Draw Conclusions based on data analysis:
Carry out a data analysis to figure out which variation delivered the highest conversion and implement the one that is most successful.
Step 5: Share the generated insights:
Share your test results and insights with others in Marketing, IT, and UI/UX.
With each step you follow, you grow one step closer to an increased traffic, boosted website conversions and inflated profits. So, go ahead, a lot of benefits await you!
Keywords- ecommerce website designing company, custom website design company, Website designing company in india, Website designing company in noida, Modern web design, Website development service, Professional website design services
Web Design Articles1. Tips For Make Your Website Mobile Friendly In 2019
2. Perks Of Choosing Professional Seo Services For Your Business
Author: Pooja Dagar
3. What Are Structure Data And How It Is Important For Seo?
Author: Bhuvnesh Aggarwal
4. The Importance Of Great Web Development In Today’s World
Author: Mars web
5. Important Role That Graphic Design Plays In Your Website Development
Author: Aditi Shetye
6. Incredible Alfa Rtl Bootstrap Admin Templates For Your Ui Framework
Author: Isabella Jones
7. Rank On Top With Smart Seo Services | Sathya Technosoft
Author: Sathya Technosoft
8. Factors To Consider For Web Design Bergen County Nj
Author: TNT MAX
9. How You Can Make Your Business Profitable With The Website Design?
Author: Pratik Patel
10. Dynamic Website Starting From Just 5999 Inr
Author: Aparna thakur
11. What Determines The Completion Term For A Wordpress Website Development?
Author: Rose Carter
12. Enterprise Resource Planning, Software Development In Dallas
Author: Mario F. Davis
13. Important Ways Web Design Can Improve Your Search Rankings On Google
Author: Aditi Shetye
14. Role Of A Website Designer To Design The Website As A Roadmap To Success
Author: Rajesh sharma
15. Crafting A Good Logo Is Important For Any Venture
Author: Aditi Shetye