ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Maintain Polished Concrete, Professionally?
Total Articles: 4
Polished concrete floors are easily the most aesthetically pleasing, durable and easy to maintain flooring systems available today. Although they if looked after will last a lifetime, it really depends on the amount of traffic they receive each day. With a normal four to six member home the amount of wear is minimal, but if you’re polished floor on the Gold Coast is in a high traffic area such as a shop, shopping mall, school or hospital it could have 5,000 plus people using it each day, so it will require a more frequent and comprehensive maintenance schedule.
All floors attract a certain amount of dust and grit and it’s the buildup of this abrasive element on your floors that can, if not removed cause your floor to lose its luster and become dull. By having a proper daily maintenance program you will keep your floor looking great for longer with little effort, at a much lower cost than any other type of flooring option.
To ensure your floor stays in pristine condition it requires a regular well organized maintenance program that incorporates the use of chemical and mechanical cleaning and polishing applications.
Some of the main Daily maintenance options include:
- Door or floor mats at all entrances that are cleaned or changed regularly
- Taking care to clean up any spills promptly so they do not stain or etch into the floor
- Daily dry mopping or auto scrubbing
- Spot treatment of any areas of high traffic with non-reactive cleaners or plain water
Your polished concrete in order to keep it looking as good as when first done needs to have regular application-specific maintenance tool using the right cutters and chemical compounds. This involves polishing with diamond impregnated pads made of animal hair or synthetic fibers. These pads come for both wet and dry application and are made to fit all types of mechanical floor polishers, burnishers, buffers, and auto-scrubbers. They can be found online as well as at most hardware or home improvement stores around Australia.
Your polished concrete floor needs the added protection of selected chemicals, including silicates, potassium and calcium that conditions the surface and work with the elements that are already part of the concrete floor providing added strength and abrasion protection.
These chemical floor “conditioners” are available from the same places you obtain the polishing pads for your floor polisher and are applied using your auto-scrubber or polisher. Some of these conditioners are made to be used quarterly, monthly or weekly as required or specified
Having a contractor look after the regular maintenance of your polished concrete floor anywhere on the Gold Cost is very cost effective and means your floor will maintain its shine and luster for many years adding value to your building. In addition, it means all you have to do is a daily quick clean.
Once your polished concrete floor is finished it is so easy to keep clean by sweeping or dry mopping each day. Periodically, depending on the amount of foot traffic on your floor, mechanical scrubbing and polishing are required either by the home-owner or a contractor to keep it in pristine condition.
Hardcore Concrete is a Gold Coast based company offering Concrete Grinding, Concrete Polishing, Epoxy flooring service. http://www.hardcoreconcrete.com.au/
Home and Garden Articles1. 10 Diy Techniques That Can Help You Clean Your House
Author: Angela Joseph
2. Aireloom Mattresses: Luxury You Can Count On
3. The Right Electrician For Your Specific Need
Author: Brown Ross
4. The Affordable, Reliable And Thorough Move In Move Out Services In Clermont Fl
Author: Rose Conta
5. Copper Pipes And Water Heater Management
Author: Bob Sander
6. Why You Need The Right Wood For Your Wide Plank Flooring?
Author: Stella margret
7. Improve Air Quality Standards With Commercial Duct Cleaning In Calgary
Author: Airmaid Furnace & Duct Cleaning
8. 6 Top Reasons To Hire Professional For Air Conditioning Installation
Author: Catherine White
9. Painting Contractors In Orlando Fl Help To Increase The Value Of A Property
Author: Steve Johnson’s Painting Service
10. Know How You Can Create A Rainbow-like Landscape
Author: Noah Seery
11. Don't Do Diy Stuff In Your House If You Are Not Sure About Your Capabilities
Author: Charlie Symon
12. Select The Best Time To Paint Your Property Exterior
Author: Hudson Cambage
13. Lead Paint Removal- A Simple Way To Live A Much Healthier Life
Author: Ethan J Anderson
14. Take The Painting Brush In Your Hands And Be Prepared For The Painting Job
Author: Thomas Nicolas
15. Strengthen The Foundation Of Your Home And Beautify It With The Use Of Concrete
Author: Adam Catt