ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
What Type Of Settings Do I Need To Make While Setting Up The Netgear Extender?
Total Articles: 12
We all purchase a Netgear wireless range extender to remove all the dead zones inside our home and to have a consistent Wi-Fi signal throughout our home. Every user has its own needs and usage. There are multiple settings that we could use to setup the Netgear wireless range extender. It all depends on what we expect and what we need from our Netgear wireless range extender. We could setup the Netgear wireless range extender as a access point or we could simply set it up as a wireless range extender.
The Wi-Fi network name of the Wi-Fi extended by the Netgear extender
While setting up the Netgear wireless range extender, we could choose the Wi-Fi name foe the Wi-Fi network that will extended by it. The default name for that Wi-Fi network is always your Wi-Fi network name_EXT. That means, it shows us that the Wi-Fi network of the Netgear wireless range extender is just an extension of your existing home router Wi-Fi network. But, if we wish to change it, we can do that as well very easily and put any name or Network SSID as per our choice.
Type of security
After choosing the name, we have to choose a type of security we would like to put on the Wi-Fi network extended by the Netgear wireless range extender. There would be certain options like WPA, WPA2-Personal, WEP and few others. WE could easily choose any of the one security from those options. After that, we have o choose a password that we want to put on the Wi-Fi network of Netgear wireless range extender as per the chosen security type. If, we have chosen the WPA2-Personal security, we have to choose the password as per the requirement of this security.
Setting up the Wi-Fi network on 5ghz bandwidth
We could make our Netgear wireless range extender to expand the Wi-Fi signals in two bandwidths i.e. the 2ghz and 5ghz bandwidth. If, we only want to extend the Wi-Fi signal in single bandwidth, we could do in that way as well. It all depend on us what we want from our Netgear wireless range extender. After choosing the Wi-Fi network to extended in two bandwidths, we could choose any Wi-Fi network name for those Wi-Fi networks and the password as well. After that, we could use the 5ghz Wi-Fi network with those devices that needs more internet speed and for low end services we could use the 2ghz bandwidth Wi-Fi signal.
At mywifisetup we turn ideas into innovative networking products that connect people, power businesses, and advance the way we live.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Streamlining The Society Operations Through Society Management System
Author: Aditi Shetye
2. Take The Benefits Of Learning Python
Author: Adela Armstrong
3. Boost Your Career With Big Data Science Courses
Author: Adela Armstrong
4. Depth Sensing Market By Technology & Top Key Players
Author: Suraj Suryavanshi
5. Installation Of Cht Bayonet Probe In Aircraft
Author: Joseph Polizzotto
6. Understanding The Brand Xiaomi And Want For Mi Service Center
7. Responsive Website Vs. Mobile App: Which Is Better?
8. Improve Your Network Quality And Problems Using The Best Network Solutions
9. How To Troubleshoot Skype Error 2060: Security Sandbox Violation?
Author: Aida Martin
10. Quickbooks Uk Edition 2019- Vat| New And Improved Features, Perfonec
Author: Akansha Surana
11. The Significance Of The Cloud Platform
Author: SONIKA DHALIWAL
12. [tips]how To Hide Notifications On Lock Screen
Author: Sissi Zhang
13. How To Know The Benefit Of Owning A Commercial Cleaning Service?
Author: Deborah Gillis
14. Enterprise App Development: Key Trends For Tech Leaders Need To Know
Author: Amit Tiwari
15. Guide To Marketing Skills