ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Performance Testing: The Complete Guide
Total Articles: 1
You may have come across the word “performance testing”, and most of the people are unaware of the same! Well, if you are one of those who hardly recognize this word, this tutorial would surely lend a hand in clearing your uncertainties.
Performance testing refers to the overall analysis of an application under a certain workload to check the endurance. This process is carried out by keeping in mind the diverse situations when the application is put under a specific load that eventually depicts the reliability, resource usage, and scalability.
But the real goal of performing these specific checks is to ensure the overall speed, stability, and scalability of a specific web or mobile application. Here is a complete guide for those who are not aware of performance testing and the aspects related to this procedure.
The Types of Testing
There are different types of performance testing things that can determine different aspects related to the application and significantly help a developer trace the loopholes. Here’s the list of different types of performance testing:
• Stress Testing- As the name suggests, stress testing is a procedure in which the workload on the application is tested by creating virtual users. This is one of the important aspects of performance testing as the application’s overall behavior is checked under extreme loads to determine the breaking point.
• Load Testing- Another aspect that determines the overall performance of the application is the load testing. In this procedure, the testing professional precisely monitors the glitches that the application undergoes in a controlled environment. This type of procedure helps in identifying the issues related to the performance when there are a definite number of users.
• The Scalability Testing- Under scalability testing, the performance analyst to check the efficiency of the software program when the number of users is increased. This procedure is necessarily important when the developer needs to add specific functionality to the software or needs to enhance the load capacity.
• The Endurance Test- Another important test is the endurance test that determines that whether the software is capable to handle a specific load for a given period of time. Every mobile or web application is tested to check the load endurance for a given number of users.
Why we Need Performance Testing?
With the advancement of mobile devices and high-endurance PC’s, it becomes necessarily important for the developer to deliver a product that not only offers adequate functionality but eventually offers the best performance. There is no point one can rely on the slow systems and everyone demands a glitch-free experience when it comes to web apps.
There are certain issues that depict the need for performance testing solutions for various mobile and web applications. One cannot simply deny the fact that the user's expectations from the developers have significantly climbed. This means that the best of the best needs to be delivered else, the client would prefer similar options in the market that can ensure adequate performance.
The Common Problems associated with the overall Performance
Here is the list of problems that are quite annoying when you are about to deliver the final product to the client or the end users:
1. Loading Time- No matter how precise your application is, if the loading time of the app is long, you have to face client dissatisfaction. It is necessarily important for a testing professional to ensure that the application takes minimum time to load so as to offer better user experience.
However, it is impossible for some applications to load faster; more emphasis is given to minimizing the overall time to load the app by shunning the loopholes.
2. The Response Time- Another common issue that most of the testing professionals face with the mobile and web apps is the poor response time. The response time is defined as the overall time taken by the app to respond to the user’s query when the user inputs a data. It is always recommended that one should emphasize more on the things that affect the response time of the application.
It is the responsibility of a test case developer to check the aspects associated with the response time precisely so as to avoid any glitch related to response time. A proper report regarding the loopholes is made by the testing engineer so that it can be analyzed by the developer team and required actions can be taken.
3. Bottle-necking- These are some obstructions that can resist the normal functioning of the application and can significantly affect the smooth functioning. These hurdles could be due to several reasons including hardware incompatibility or either due to errors in the code.
Some of the common bottlenecks are over utilization of the CPU, memory, and network. On the other hand, unusual disk usage is also a kind of bottleneck that needs to be rectified from the developer’s end.
Importance of Hiring a Professional Testing Team
It is necessarily important for a business or an individual working on an application to check the aspects related to the overall performance of their software. It is recommended to seek help from the professionals that are serving the best in class software testing services for diverse fields.
Claire Mackerras is a Senior QA Engineer & Editor associated with Bugraptors. A certified software testing company with extensive experience as a third party testing vendor in US. She is passionate toward writing on technological trends for manual & automation software testing. She likes to share her knowledge, for the readers who are interested in exploring testing tact’s and trends.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Streamlining The Society Operations Through Society Management System
Author: Aditi Shetye
2. Take The Benefits Of Learning Python
Author: Adela Armstrong
3. Boost Your Career With Big Data Science Courses
Author: Adela Armstrong
4. Depth Sensing Market By Technology & Top Key Players
Author: Suraj Suryavanshi
5. Installation Of Cht Bayonet Probe In Aircraft
Author: Joseph Polizzotto
6. Understanding The Brand Xiaomi And Want For Mi Service Center
7. Responsive Website Vs. Mobile App: Which Is Better?
8. Improve Your Network Quality And Problems Using The Best Network Solutions
9. How To Troubleshoot Skype Error 2060: Security Sandbox Violation?
Author: Aida Martin
10. Quickbooks Uk Edition 2019- Vat| New And Improved Features, Perfonec
Author: Akansha Surana
11. The Significance Of The Cloud Platform
Author: SONIKA DHALIWAL
12. [tips]how To Hide Notifications On Lock Screen
Author: Sissi Zhang
13. How To Know The Benefit Of Owning A Commercial Cleaning Service?
Author: Deborah Gillis
14. Enterprise App Development: Key Trends For Tech Leaders Need To Know
Author: Amit Tiwari
15. Guide To Marketing Skills