ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Global Aquaculture Market Growth Analysis
Total Articles: 15
Aquaculture is the process of breeding, rearing, and harvesting of fish, shellfish, plants, algae, and other organisms in all types of water environments. As per product requirements there are some available water environment options such as fresh, marine, and brackish for aquaculture. At the time of farming, some environmental concerns need to be taken care of such as water flow considerations, parasites, pollution from effluents, handle escapees, and unhealthy culture conditions. Aquatic products especially farmed salmon and shrimps are considered as a high nutritious source of food which consists of proteins, vitamins A, B, D, and niacin, and minerals like iodine, Iron, Phosphorus and Zinc.
Natural fisheries have limitations on how many fish can be caught and are only available during certain months/time of the year. As an alternative, aquaculture market can provide large and consistent quantities of seafood in a monitored and maintained environment.
However, diseases that develop during fish farming are not always of the same strain that is usually seen in the wild. If a specific disease does evolve, wild population of fish and other aquatic creatures could potentially be completely eliminated. Furthermore, environmental concerns related to aquaculture include water flow considerations, pollution from effluents, handling escapees, and unhealthy culture conditions is expected to hamper market growth.
Market analysis by environment:
On the basis of environment segmentation, the freshwater segment is expected to contribute major revenue share, and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. Major factors driving growth of the segment are increasing exports of freshwater fish such as Tilapia and Pangasius, easy availability of resources such as lakes, irrigation canals, reservoirs, and paddy fields and rising government expenditure on aquaculture initiatives and favorable policies. In addition, rising preference for intensive pond aquaculture market due to various benefits such as environment-friendly method, maximum use of available water resources, better and safer aquatic fish products, and increasing number of hatcheries in countries such as India and China is expected to support growth of the fresh water segment.
Environment Articles1. Energy Efficient Pumps
Author: Ek Boondh Pani
2. Smart City For A Smart Future
Author: Ek Boondh Pani
3. Here's Why You Should Choose Solar Energy As Your Preferred Energy Source
Author: Ruhi Varma
4. Environmental Advantages Of Using Propane
Author: Chris DeGrote
5. Caring For Our Waters
Author: Tony Barber
6. Geo Environmental Solutions
Author: Vasnet Australia
7. Saving Energy Using Solar Panel Systems - Setup Choices
Author: Yogendra Shinde
8. The Truth About Air Pollution And Methods Of Its Treatment
9. Three Big Trends In Us That Will Help Address Climate Crisis By 2030
10. J’ai Adoré Les Robes De Mes Filles! Une De Mes Demoiselles D’honneur
11. Lng As A Bunker Fuel Market | Growth Forecast To 2026
Author: Suraj Suryavanshi
12. Holiday Deals On Restop Commodes With Supplies
13. Unbelievable Deals On Restop Privacy Shelters
14. Restop Announces Cyber Monday Sale
15. Will A Stun Gun Protect Me?