ALL >> Business >> View Article
Explaining Fruit And Vegetable Consumption
Total Articles: 4
We hypothesized that fresh fruits and vegetables intake and eating behaviors mediate the relationship between experimental condition and weight loss in a randomized trial evaluating a text-message based weight loss program.
Both measures were combined to classify participants according to the accuracy of their self-assessed intake levels ('realists' vs. 'overestimators'). The model explained variation in objective fruit gift baskets and vegetable intake much better among realists (R2 = 45% for fruits and 39% for vegetables) than among overestimators (R2 = 18% and 5%, respectively). Perceived behavioural control was the strongest predictor of intentions and behaviour. When plasma vitamin C and carotenoid concentrations were used as objective indicators for fruit and vegetable intake, the explanatory value of the model was lower, but again more variance was explained among realists than among overestimators.
We conclude that awareness of personal behaviour should be taken into account when applying the theory of planned behaviour to explain dietary behaviours as well as to design health education interventions.
Intention as an outcome measure for fruits and vegetables nutrition education interventions in low-income women was assessed through dietary assessment 3 weeks after a fruit and vegetable intervention in a federally funded program. Amount and variety of intake were compared to intentions expressed immediately following intervention. Findings suggested intentions did not approximate self-reported intake.
For example, of 85 women indicating little baseline fruit variety, 47 intended to increase variety following the intervention; only two met the anticipated improvement. In all, only 25 participants met one or more intentions to improve intake. Fruit delivery sydney for measuring intention and assessing outcomes are discussed.
Measuring nutrition intake intention is convenient, inexpensive, and encumbers little respondent burden.
Business Articles1. Converter Transformer Market Is Projected To Reach $2,316.1 Million By 2020, At A Cagr Of 18.2%
2. The Value Of Solid Representation For Auto Accident Victims
3. The Auto Accident Lawyer That Can Save Your Valuable Life
4. Lexington Ky Car Accidents Lawyer - Obtain The Reasonable Settlement
5. Must I Hire A Car Accident Lawyer For A Commercial Automobile?
6. Obtaining A Car Accident Attorney To Help You After An Auto Accident
7. How To Approach Your Insurance Provider Following A Car Accident
8. Opportunities For Carbon Fiber In The Global Automotive Market Is Expected To Grow At A Cagr Of 7.9%
9. Bleacher Rental Seating
Author: Unknown Member
10. Maximize Your App With These Latest Social Media Marketing Tactics
Author: Anshul Sharma
11. Opportunities For The Global Door And Window Market To Reach $259.8 Billion By 2023
12. How Makeup Artist Can Help You Achieve The Perfect Look For Your Wedding
13. Importance Of Weighing Scales!
14. Daycare In Edison Nj
15. Global Wheel Loader Market Forecast 2018-2023