ALL >> Health >> View Article
Is It Possible To Regenerate Tooth Enamel?
Total Articles: 1
The tooth enamel also acts as an insulator and protects the tooth from hot and cold foods and drinks. Unfortunately, a lifetime of eating and drinking can chip and wear the tooth enamel away. Unlike a broken bone, once tooth enamel is eroded, it can never be recovered. As much as it is the hardest tissue in the body, it can also regenerate naturally.
Harmful bacteria feeds on the food particles present in our mouth, particularly sugar. This leads to the release of some toxic acids that wear away the enamel and ultimately causes tooth decay. However, there is another challenge that eats away the enamel. Eating acidic foods and drinks makes the enamel to lose some of its important elements. If you take such foods and drinks repeated after a long time, your enamel will be at risk of damage.
When it comes to protecting your enamel, nothing beats visiting the dentist. Visiting your dentist after every six months will help to ensure that damaged tooth enamel does not go untreated. On top of visiting your dentist, make sure that you brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once a day. Also, avoid any acidic foods or beverages.
Fluoride treatment is another effective way to strengthen your enamel. Using a toothpaste that contains phosphates and calcium will help in restoring these minerals on the enamel. The acid that is produced as a result of bacteria action of on the food particles in the mouth removes calcium and phosphates from the enamel. So, next time you are purchasing toothpaste, make sure that the toothpaste contains fluoride. You can also visit your dentist for fluoride treatment.
If you experience constant tooth sensitivity, the chances are that your tooth enamel is eroded. Make sure that you visit our dentist in Mulgrave for corrective measures that can strengthen your enamel. However, there are some instances when corrective measures were not taken in a timely manner and as a result tooth decay developed thus damaging your tooth. If you are in such a situation, worry no more. Our dentist at Springvale Dental Clinic can help restore your smile through root canal treatment.
Health Articles1. Best Enterprise Risk Management
2. What Is Cavity Filling?
Author: ponting brown
3. Dental Implants – A Great Alternative To Dentures
Author: Derek Levenstein
4. Some Of The Causes Of Dental Pain In Bristol
Author: Derek Levenstein
5. Looking For Best Plastic Surgeon New Jersey
6. Training Faculty
Author: Harry Campbell
7. How Does Valium Work In Adult During Depression?
Author: DIazepam Generic Online
8. How To Get Your Real Estate Information In Chilliwack
Author: Olivia William
9. The Best Time To Invest In Canadian Real Estate
Author: Jimmy Walid
10. Things To Avoid In The Case Of Tapentadol And Tramadol:
Author: Things to avoid in the case of Tapentadol and Tram
11. What Are Different Signs That Shows Your Dog May Have Worms?
Author: Jacob Kelly
12. Cosmetic Dentistry And Its Inclusions
Author: M B Dental Home
13. Healthcare Industry’s Increased Dependency On Hybrid Clouds. Results Will Be Unpredictable!
14. Elderly People Can Improve Their Sleep Problems With Zopiclone Pills
Author: Lewis Carroll
15. Cure Teeth Sensitivity With Rejove Clinique
Author: Pradeep Mishra