ALL >> Travel >> View Article
5 Unknown Facts About Finland That You Didn`t Know
Total Articles: 20
Finland is famous for Northern Lights and also has some of the most celebrated natural wilderness in the world that remains untapped and unchanged. Providing visitors a vast possibility of unique experiences, the beautiful cities and towns of Finland offer large number of historical and cultural attractions, where summer`s endless light balances winter`s eerie frozen magic.
The country has many hidden places that are absolutely breathtaking and some hidden facts that are immensely interesting and you might not know about them, at all. So if you are looking to go on an amazing adventure, you can find cheap flights from London to this wonderful land. Given below are few interesting facts about the country that nobody ever told you before:
1. A land of 40 national parks: Did you just say that you love national parks and closeness with nature? Then Finland can be your best bet because there are 40 national parks scattered throughout the country. From the Archipelago National Park covering thousands of islands to the Pyhä-Luosto on the Lapland fells, Finland can give you plenty of choices when it comes to picking up your favorite one. Why don`t you book a flight from London and explore these verdant national parks.
2. Europe`s most forested country-Finland has the highest percentage of forest cover as compared to any of its counterpart in Europe. Almost 70% of the country is covered in forest and it is home to more than 30 indigenous tree species. The timber industry has been on a rise since the very beginning and even after the flourishing limber business; tree cover is kept intact and sustainable.
3. Forests are indigenous- No tree that is non-native can survive or grow wild in Finland. This has made many scientists and environmentalists quite curious. Pine is the most common tree to be found, with birch and spruce being the other common species.
4. Finland in made of 10% water- And by that we literally mean it that the country is 10% water! Finland is often called ‘the land of 1,000 lakes’. The water bodies here take up so much of space that the road trips here seem to go forever.
5. It has 4th largest lake of Europe- The lake systems in Finland is so vast and huge that it is quite difficult comprehend where one ends and another begins. The country is home to Lake Saimaa, which is Finland`s largest lake while the fourth largest lake in Europe. Lake Saimaa is the second largest in the European Union at 1,700 square miles. Finland has nine more lakes that sprawl across 100 square miles.
We are sure that these facts about Finland have made the country sound more fascinating. So why not satiate your curiosity by visiting the country? To book tickets, you can visit flightsnfare.co.uk and you can find some of the most amazing deals and discounts on flights from London to Finland and various other destinations.
We are every traveler`s one stop solution for cheap air fare and affordable holiday packages. Built on the foundation of providing competitive prices for exotic places around the globe, we fully understand our client`s heart`s desires, passion, aspirations and expectations. Our packages include from cheapest flights to wonderful stays at premium hotels along with lip-smacking meals. Find the best curated packages and cheap flight tickets for all the domestic and international destinations.
Travel Articles1. How Car Rental Services In Odisha Is Doing Decent Business
Author: Bhubaneswar Taxi Service
2. Choose Easy Trekking Tour In Nepal To Explore Beautiful Himalayan Peak
3. Kanchenjunga - Amazing Trekking Destination In Nepal
4. Top-level Transport For A Destination Wedding Including Family In Dc With A Charter Bus Dc
5. Quell Your Pre-wedding Jitters With Calming Wedding Limo Service Near Me
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
6. Book A Taxi Cab Online For Hassle Free Travel Experience
7. Amazing Wildlife Tours: The Rewards Of Bonding With Wildlife
8. Amazing Advantages Of Having A Good Time With Animals If You Are On Tour
9. Hire Cheap Taxi To Luton Airport From London
Author: jack pero
10. Cherish An Outstanding View Of Himalaya And Naini Lake Whilst Enjoying Other Facilities At Best Hote
11. 7 Not To Miss Travel Apps, But You Missed
Author: Amit Singh
12. Fully Participatory Destination Wedding Arrangements With A Party Or Charter Bus Phoenix
Author: John wick
13. Adventure & Exciting Andaman Tour Packages For You & Your Family
Author: Chalo Emerald
14. How Can The Best Andaman Tours & Travel Agency Make Your Holiday Of Dreams Come True?
Author: Chalo Emerald
15. Lake Norman Airport Transportation Offers A Dependable And Responsible Way To Airport
Author: Hussein Hegazy