ALL >> Education >> View Article
Summary Of A Text
Total Articles: 314
Chapter 21 regards a discussion of the distribution of wheat bread for barley gruel in the early morning mean in Zumbagua. There have been several changes in the consumption of foods but the scenario presented appears to be part of the inevitable and un-linear progression from the subsistence to the market system in many households. The process is complex and has the influence of the cultural, ideological, and social transformations. The impacts of the three aspects are more significant than the nutritional, or the household budget would report.
The use of leavened white bread has cultural symbolism and has historical and material aspects that relate to the changes in the political economy. The study sought to show that the use of the household as an analytical unit of consumption and production does not show the differences between household members as major economic players. For the region selected, the household represents the subsistence, commercial, and wage labor activities. However, their involvement has an influence from the age and gender in which conflicts of interest arise and evident from the consumption issues between the members of a family. The same scenario of household members having conflicts of interest is evident in the contradictory pressures and forces that operate in the nation as a whole.
Goody explains that the difference between the leavened bread and gruels or the toasted products is the use of technology which describes the rural lifestyle as limited to boiling and toasting. Bread is a high-status food in comparison to the local products. The introduction of such products creates pressure in the family budget. The nature of the community is heterogeneous in which the roles of parents and children as well as men and women conflict. The resolution to the issue is children crying for bread and the change of the households to be self-sustaining through subsistence agriculture.
Weismantel M.J (1989) The Children cry for bread: Hegemony and the Transformation Consumption, Chapter 21; pp. 172- 178
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in already written essay if you need a similar paper you can place your order for a custom research paper from custom nursing essay writing services services.
Author is associated with MeldaResearch.Com which is a global Custom Essay Writing and Term Paper Writing Company. If you would like help in Research Papers and Term Paper Help you can visit Custom Writing Service
Education Articles1. School Data Lists Reveals An Amazing Offer On Christmas And New Year On The Education Email List
2. 5 Top Tips For Teaching English To Kids
Author: MyTEFL Reviews
3. Choose A Brighter Career With Mca (master Of Computer Application )
4. How Technology Is Changing Education System
5. Last Minute Tips For Neet Aspirants
Author: SIKHA ROY
6. Oracle Fusion Hcm Online Training | Oracle Cloud Hcm Online Training
7. The Future Of Java
8. 11 Benefits Of Online English Speaking Course You May Not Consider (2018)
Author: Yogesh Vermani
9. An Overview Of Prince2 Training Along With Its Benefits
10. List Of Top 5 Highest Paying Jobs In Tourism
11. What Makes An Engineering College Great?
Author: Sit Pune
12. Kiwifruit Cultivation
13. Why Oracle's Java Programs Is So Popular And High In Demand
14. Selecting The Best Mba Colleges In Bangalore Depending Upon Three Salient Features
15. How Software Training Institutes Help To Increase The Coding Skills Of Students
Author: MindQ Systems