ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Configure Windows 10 To Auto Generate A System Restore Point
Total Articles: 112
Before you make changes to your computer such as changing the Registry or exchanging hardware or updating system drivers. It is crucial to building a system restore point. It is worthwhile to note that Windows 10 auto creates a restore point for you before any critical event like installation of a new driver. You can make your own point of restoration whenever you want.
Auto Restore Point Startup
The first thing that can be done is to make sure that Restore Point Feature is On. For some reasons, Microsoft has decided to ship Windows 10 out with the system restore disabled by default. Make sure that it is ON just by Clicking Windows key, and entering system reset and tap Enter. Whenever system properties windows pop up, tap Configure button and see Turn on system protection. Tap apply now.
Now you require to disable system restore frequency to permit Task Scheduler to make restore point whenever you start the system.
For opening Registry Editor,
1. Click Windows Key+ R.
2. Type regedit.
3. Hit enter or hit OK.
4. Head to the respective path.
5. Click right on the SystemRestore and choose New>DWORD value and name key.
6. Give it 0 value, tap OK and move out of the Registry Editor.
Follow the below-given steps to complete the process
You need to make a new task in Task Scheduler.
1. Tap the Windows key to launch it.
2. Type task scheduler or choose it from results.
3. Simply hit Enter.
4. When it opens, right-click the Task Scheduler Library.
5. Choose Create Task from the menu.
6. Ensure that the General tab is selected, type something in the name field that helps you in identifying the task.
7. Under Security, options choose Run whether the user is logged in or not.
8. Look for Run with highest privileges
9. Tap OK.
10. Choose the Triggers tab and tap the New button.
11. On Edit Trigger screen, set Begin task to At startup from the list of the options.
12. Tap OK.
13. Now Click Actions tab
14. Actions- Begin a program.
15. Script- powershell.exe.
16. In Add Arguments field, type the respective command and tap OK.
17. Under the Condition, tab clears both boxes for AC and the battery power.
18. When you click, you will be asked to enter the password of admin.
Now you will see a new task in Task Scheduler library. A new system restores point will be auto-created whenever you start your PC. Verify it by restarting your PC and wait for ten mins. It is worthwhile to note that Windows 10 can be set to create a restore point before Windows Defender scan.
Harry Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry Williams has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup
Source : Windows 10
General Articles1. Bridal Robes Are Designed To Make The Bridal Parties Memorable!
Author: John Williams
2. Sony Repair In Manchester
Author: Sana Khan
3. How To Repair A Watch Band
Author: Rosanne Ward
4. Get Control Someone By Black Magic
5. Shimla Tour Packages: 5 Great Family Holiday Packages For Shimla, Manali And Himachal Pradesh
6. How Social Media Management Beneficial For Your Business?
7. Domestic Electricians In Adelaide - Innovators Going Online To Monetize Demand
Author: Brown Ross
8. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Google Jobs
9. A One-stop Shop For Anesthesia Supplies
Author: David Record
10. Drive More Benefits By Using An Efficient Vehicle Management Solution
11. Visit Hayagriva Madav Mandir –hajo Via Leisure Travels
Author: Anowar Hussain
12. Requirements For Attention In The Work Of Cutting Blades
Author: 6 inch es cutting disc
13. What Organic Food Options Are Available?
Author: Eclipse Organic
14. Why You Should Also Use Smart Lighting System?
15. How To Troubleshoot The “windows Cannot Connect To The Printer” Error?
Author: Ben Tennyson