ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Stop Google Chrome Update On Ios Device
Total Articles: 28
Google Chrome didn’t have any options to disable the automatic update. When a new update comes out, Google Chrome performs automatic updates every few weeks to provide more stable browsing.
But, if you want to stop automatically Google Chrome’s automatic updates because you do not want to change the current version of Chrome or whatever your reason may be, then here are some solutions to disable automatic update on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
How to disable Google Chrome Update on your Mac
1. Click on ‘Go’ tab in the top menu of your Mac’s display.
2. Hold down the ‘Option’ key of your Mac’s keyboard. It causes Library folder will appear on the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the ‘Library’ from the menu.
4. Scroll down and search for ‘Google’ folder in the library list.
5. Double click on the ‘Google’ folder to open it.
6. Click and select the ‘GoogleSoftwareUpdate’ folder.
7. Now, click ‘File’ tab from the top menu bar.
8. Click ‘Get Info’ from the File’s drop-down menu.
9. Click on the ‘Lock-shaped’ icon at the lower left corner of the window.
10. Enter your password.
11. Now, click and select the folder’s name at the top of the window to rename it.
12. Enter a different name (NoUpdate).
13. And press ‘Return’ button to save the new name.
14. Close all windows to restart your Mac.
15. Click on the ‘Apple’ icon.
16. Click ‘Restart.’
17. Confirm ‘Restart Now’ when prompted.
After finishing restarting your Mac, Google Chrome will no longer be able to Update automatically.
An easy way to disable Google Chrome Update on Mac OS X
Note: this will not just disable Chrome Update it will disable the entire Google applications automatic updates.
1. Launch the Terminal. You can find this in /Applications/Utilities/.
2. Enter this command into terminal (write com.google.Keystone.Agent checkInterval 0).
3. Hit ‘Return’ key.
4. Exit from Terminal.
5. And, restart Google Chrome.
It works to stop all the Google applications to update automatically.
How to disable Google Chrome Update on iPhone
1. Tap and open the ‘Settings.’
2. Scroll and tap on ‘iTunes & App Store’ in the settings.
3. Turn off the ‘Updates’ switch.
Now, none of your apps will update automatically including Google Chrome.
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
General Articles1. Oneplus 6t | Full Specification & Review
Author: vishal bhatt
2. 4 Top Benefits Of Rubber Wheel stops
3. For Article Title - Godrej Rejuve Keshav Nagar Pune
Author: Mitra Shrivastava
4. Portable Ac In India
Author: Chris Matthew
5. Find Your Perfect Match With Elite Dating Service
6. Rich And Sweet E Liquid Made For You
Author: Aria Jalali
7. No Added Sugar, But Still Sweet As Can Be
Author: Aria Jalali
8. Top 5 Digital Marketing Trends That Propel Businesses In 2019
Author: Komal Srinivas T
9. Carpet Cleaning Services Brisbane
Author: pawan singh
10. Latest Telugu Movie News: Akshara Haasan The Latest Victim Of Cybercrime
11. Samsung Repairer In Manchester
Author: Sana Khan
12. A Fruitful Business Growth Is Now Guaranteed!
Author: Sathya Technosoft
13. Made To Measure Genuine Leather Kilt With Latest Styles
Author: Reyan Iqbal
14. Heavy Copper Pcb Can Handle High Temperature And Current!
Author: Jacob Clark
15. Advantages Of Carpet Cleaning In Calgary
Author: Matthew Xu