ALL >> Business >> View Article
Reasons For Oral Cancer Examinations
Total Articles: 67
It is important to note that around 75 percent of oral cancers are linked with modifiable behaviors such as smoking, tobacco use and excessive alcohol consumption. Your dentist can provide literature and education on making lifestyle changes and smoking cessation.
When oral cancer is diagnosed in its earliest stages, treatment is generally very effective. Any noticeable abnormalities in the tongue, gums, mouth or surrounding area should be evaluated by a health professional as quickly as possible. During the oral cancer exam, the dentist and dental hygienist will be scrutinizing the maxillofacial and oral regions carefully for signs of pathologic changes.
The following signs will be investigated during a routine oral cancer exam:
Red patches and sores – Red patches on the floor of the mouth, the front and sides of the tongue, white or pink patches which fail to heal and slow healing sores that bleed easily can be indicative of pathologic (cancerous) changes.
Leukoplakia – This is a hardened white or gray, slightly raised lesion that can appear anywhere inside the mouth. Leukoplakia can be cancerous, or may become cancerous if treatment is not sought.
Lumps – Soreness, lumps or the general thickening of tissue anywhere in the throat or mouth can signal pathological problems.
Make an appointment today…..we’ll give you a reason to smile!
Business Articles1. Explaining Fruit And Vegetable Consumption
2. Buy 3d Galaxy Duvet Cover, Cheap Galaxy Bedding Sets
Author: lawrenc Lewisfd
3. 5 Important Roles Played By Horticulturists Or Plant Experts
Author: Gooderham Horticulture Ltd
4. Rent A Car With Cloud Car Hire
Author: Cloud CarHire
5. Just How Solar Panels Are Saving Electricity Worldwide
Author: auysh j
6. 7 Best Essential Books For Entrepreneurs In 2018
7. Reduce Basket Abandonment With Live Chat
Author: Surabhi Joshi
8. Brief Relief Offers Electrolyte Drink Mix For Industrial Athletes
9. Great Britain Email List
Author: Great Britain Email List
10. The Main Differences Between Servo And Static Stabilizers
Author: Rahul Bose
11. Top Ten Canadian Email Lists Marketing Mistakes
Author: Canada business email lists
12. Internal Audit Checklist For Non-profit
Author: Maria Robert
13. Marketing For A Service Based Business New Zealand Business In Email Database
Author: This additions trust and regard, making the end o
14. Steel Roofing – A Great Investment For Long Term Benefits!
Author: Mathew Turnbull
15. To Effectively Build Uk Business Email Database
Author: uk email lists