ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Things You Must Know Before Heading For Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Total Articles: 9
Located at an elevation of 4,130m, Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the popular trekking destination in Nepal. It is the base camp of 10th highest and most dangerous peak in the world. Be noted that Dangerous refers to climbing not trekking.
Trekkers will be tempted with the magnificent alpine scenery and Himalayan views as they enter into the Annapurna sanctuary.
As pleasing as it sounds, there are some important things to know before heading for Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
You must know the best time to trek Annapurna to enjoy your enjoy trip in fullest. Wrong timing might encourage you to hate the mountains and may even invite the life-claiming threat.
Autumn and spring season are ideal time for Annapurna Base Camp Trek. The weather is pleasant and view are excellent beneath the clear blue sky. It is said that mountains and surrounding areas are at its best during autumn and spring brings full lushness with blooming rhododendron flowers all over the trail.
Trekking in Monsoon is full of landslide and flood risks. Plus the trial remains usually slippery and you are prone to get attacked by the wild leeches. Likewise, winter is too cold and teahouse at higher elevation often remains closed.
Most important factor to know about high altitude trek. Altitude sickness is life-threatening mountain illness that is likely to attack the trekkers not following the rules of height. Altitude sickness is a physical condition of body which happens when your body cannot adopt the thin air (less oxygen) at higher altitude.
We suggest you to climb at gradual pace, acclimatize and stay hydrated.
Note: Altitude sickness is likely to happen once you rise above 2,300m.
Annapurna Trek is a moderate trek in Nepal when compared to other mountain treks in Nepal. But it might be challenging you are not well-prepared. There are tons of staircases, ups and downs and basic facilities which will challenge you throughout the trail.
What to pack
First do some research about the trekking routes, weather, trial and teahouses and plan your pack list accordingly.
Hiking boots, winds and water proof jacket, Sun Glasses, Hat, flash light, water bottle, shocks, water purifiers, hiking trousers and shorts, t-shirts, medicines, first-aid kit, camera with extra memory and charger, Power bank and warm down jacket are important pack list trek in Nepal.
For Annapurna Base Camp Trek, you need to purchase Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) and TIMS. You can buy it in Kathmandu, Nepal Tourism Board. The cost of ACAP and TIMS is USD 20 for each. The price may subject to change according to the government policy.
Himalayas holds last remaining pristine environment in the planet. Annapurna region is home to variety of floral and faunal species and some are in state of extension. So we suggest you to travel responsibly by not hampering the natural presence of the region. Also throw the waste at the right place in garbage can.
Choose to trek via spectacular Poon Hill Trek route and conclude via Jhinu Danda route. Poon Hill Trek itself is a spectacular trek with huge mountain and cultural discoveries possibilities. Like soothing at natural hot spring in Jhinu Danda will provide you a different experience.
Travel Articles1. 5 Unknown Facts About Finland That You Didn`t Know
Author: Flightsnfare UK
2. Australia: 4 Crucial Things To Know Before Travelling
Author: Australia Visa
3. Time Countries Take For Visa Processing
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
4. Essential Factors Behind The Improving Use Of Koh Samui Villas
Author: Partha Goswami
5. Important Things To Know Before Traveling To Muktinath
6. Breathtaking Panorama View Of Pokhara Tour And Annapurna Range
7. Cheap Limo Service Near Me Put Breathtaking Wedding Productions Within Reach
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
8. Transport In Phoenix Via Charter Bus Rental Only Answer To Two-venue Wedding
Author: Hire Charter Bus
9. Tips For Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking Tour
10. Obtain The Best Customers Service In Nepal Tour At A Completive Price
11. 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed With Our Loudoun Cab And Sterling Taxi Services We Are Proudl
Author: Dulles Express Cab
12. Assistance To Create A Visit To Koh Samui More Happy By Making A Better Plan
Author: Partha Goswami
13. Haridwar Taxi Services, Travel Company In Haridwar
14. Enjoy The Annapurna Base Camp Trekking With Adventurous Activities
15. Sarangkot Hiking Tour For Enjoying This Vacation With Friends