ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
Creating A Web Design Style Guide
Total Articles: 3
Creating websites is getting more and more complex and is usually not a one person job. It is important to ensure that design is consistent and optimized to meet business objectives and create enjoyable experiences for users.One of the ways to ensure that team is on the same page when designing separate parts of the website or saving designs from developers is to create design documentation or a web design style guide.
Also it helps to ensure that future development or third-party production will follow brand guidelines and will be perceived as part of the overall brand.
What is a Style Guide-
style guide is a collection of pre-designed elements, graphics and rules designers or developers should follow to ensure that separate website pieces will be consistent and will create a bracing experience at the end.
Why Is It Importants-
It is extremely important when multiple designers are working on a big website or web app to ensure that they don’t interpret too much and don’t alter or adjust styles based on personal preference In order to make developers lives easier, it is the designer’s duty to include all possible interactions such as hover, click, visit and other states for buttons, titles, links, etc.
Creating a Web Design Style Guide
1. Study the Brand
First you need to study the brand so that you understand what it stands for. Get to know the story behind the brand, observe the team and figure out the vision, mission and values of the company. It is important to dig deeper into the brand so the style guide you produce will visually and emotionally represent the organization
you must get typography right because it is one of the most important communication tools between visitors and your website.Set hierarchy and identify it. There are headline types: h1,h2, h3, h4, h5 and h6. Then body copy bold and italic variations.
3. Color Palette
Begin by setting primary colors for your style guide that will dominate your website, dominant colors should include no more than three shades.
Pictures speak thousands of words. Make sure to include imagery that defines the style and direction of pictures the website should use. Once again, think about the values of the brand and its mission.
Forms are what make your website or web app interactive and dynamic so the user can enter the data and you can then manipulate it and do the work.
Buttons are a mixture of color palette, forms and voice. Rely on these previously created assets to create consistent looking and functional buttons with different stated designs.
t is extremely important to mention the spacing. It can be in the form of a grid used for a layout; it can be spacing defined between headlines, buttons, images, forms and other elements.
Examples Here are some of the best style guide examples to use as inspiration when creating your own style guide.
Spotify – Partner Brand Guidelines
Dropbox -Branding and Logos
Web Design Articles1. The Benefits Of Warehouse Layout And Design
Author: Specialized Storage
2. Why Should You Hire A Dedicated Magento 2 Developer?
Author: Krunal Padmashali
3. Great On-line Marketing Method This Is Loose And Powerful
Author: Raeann Bell
4. Brighten Up Your Online Presence With Professional Web Designs Services
Author: Robert Wilson
5. Freelancer Clone: Simplest Way To Start Your Freelancing Marketplace
Author: Manish Shrimal
6. Website Design – Bringing Your Business Online
7. How To Define A Quality Website Design
8. Why Website Design Is Important
9. Benefits Of Professional, Quality Website Design
10. Improve Your Online Presence By Investing In A Quality Website Design
11. 7 Question To Ask Your Website Designer Before You Hire Them
12. Mustus Technologies Mobile App Development, Mobile Application Development Companies.
13. How To Use Bootstrap Dashboard Admin Template To Obtain The Ideal Admin Panel
Author: Francis McFarlane
14. How To Create A Website With Wordpress?
Author: Ananth Prasath
15. Web Designing And Development Company In Bangalore