ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Top 5 Attractions To Include In Your Istanbul Shore Excursion
Total Articles: 4
Also known as the Sultan Ahmet Camii, the Blue Mosque is one of the most imposing Ottoman mosques in all of Turkey. Without any doubt, the mosque is one of the most popular landmarks in Istanbul as it exemplifies magazine covers, travel agencies publicity and very much anything associated with Istanbul. So, it is no surprise that visiting the Blue Mosque is a must for anyone in the city. Besides its astounding size & exquisite splendor, the most unique element of this mosque is that it boasts 6 minarets, as opposed to the usual 2 or 4 of most of the mosques in the city. Directly behind the mosque is the Arasta Bazaar; an excellent place for shopping high-quality souvenirs.
If there’s one must-visit attraction in Istanbul, it has to be the famous Topkapi Palace – home to many generations of sultans & their spouses, who were confined in the famous harem. Inside the places, you’ll see the best samples of bookbinding, seal, jewelry and box craftsmanship. In the Treasury Department, see the popular Topkapi Dagger, the Kasikci Diamond, the box of the Divan of Sultan Murad III, Ottoman helmets, sultan badges, and jade ink.
Travelers who like shopping shouldn’t miss a trip to Grand Bazaar. With more than 5,000 shops this is probably one of the largest indoor markets across the globe. Receiving over a quarter-million tourists a day, Grand Bazaar features items like jewelry, spices, carpets that may or mayn’t fly, hand-painted ceramics and antiques. Dates back to 1461, the bazaar today is home to 4 fountains, 2 mosques, 2 hammams, and the Cevahir Bedesten, where the rarest items have been discovered traditionally. This is the place in Istanbul where shoppers can find old coins, inlaid weapons, jewelry with costly gems and antique furnishings.
The most surprisingly romantic attraction of Istanbul, the Basilica Cistern, provides a great insight into the complex system that once brought drinking water into the city from Thrace. Built in the 6th century & then elapsed for years, the cistern that once stored the water has been fitted with lights & music. A trip to this place is very special with the pillars brilliantly lit & the soft, steady dribble of water all around you.
At 219ft high, the Galata Tower rules the Istanbul skyline, giving fascinating views of the old city & its surroundings. When built in 1348, the tower was the highest building in Istanbul. However, the tower has been customized over the years, at one time being employed as a surveillance tower to recognize fires. At present, its upper reaches include a restaurant, a café and a nightclub which can be reached via elevators.
This article is written by Turkey Tour by Local Guide - luxury tour operator offer easily tailored Istanbul shore excursions to travel all over Turkey's major destinations and assist you to accomplish your travel dreams.
Travel Articles1. How Car Rental Services In Odisha Is Doing Decent Business
Author: Bhubaneswar Taxi Service
2. Choose Easy Trekking Tour In Nepal To Explore Beautiful Himalayan Peak
3. Kanchenjunga - Amazing Trekking Destination In Nepal
4. Top-level Transport For A Destination Wedding Including Family In Dc With A Charter Bus Dc
5. Quell Your Pre-wedding Jitters With Calming Wedding Limo Service Near Me
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
6. Book A Taxi Cab Online For Hassle Free Travel Experience
7. Amazing Wildlife Tours: The Rewards Of Bonding With Wildlife
8. Amazing Advantages Of Having A Good Time With Animals If You Are On Tour
9. Hire Cheap Taxi To Luton Airport From London
Author: jack pero
10. Cherish An Outstanding View Of Himalaya And Naini Lake Whilst Enjoying Other Facilities At Best Hote
11. 7 Not To Miss Travel Apps, But You Missed
Author: Amit Singh
12. Fully Participatory Destination Wedding Arrangements With A Party Or Charter Bus Phoenix
Author: John wick
13. Adventure & Exciting Andaman Tour Packages For You & Your Family
Author: Chalo Emerald
14. How Can The Best Andaman Tours & Travel Agency Make Your Holiday Of Dreams Come True?
Author: Chalo Emerald
15. Lake Norman Airport Transportation Offers A Dependable And Responsible Way To Airport
Author: Hussein Hegazy