ALL >> Business >> View Article
3 Steps To Stop Minimizing Yourself In A Big Way
Total Articles: 16
Have you ever mistaken an insult for a compliment? It sounds nice but it really isn’t meant to be flattering at all. I overheard him say it, “Oh man, she is really low maintenance.” I thought he meant I was humble… next to Godliness. Nope. What he was actually saying was that I did not value myself and it showed in the way I presented myself to others. His opinion was that I did not think taking care of myself was worth the effort. Um, that’s not a compliment.
And the truth is, he was right. All the years of prioritizing other people’s needs over my own cost me physically, mentally, and emotionally. Thankfully, I am finally feeling that I deserve better. And, with support from my personal development coach and by serving as a leader in One Degree Shift community, I am learning the importance of honoring myself and I’ve included three big steps you can take to value and celebrate all that makes you uniquely you.
#1 Stop Seeing Other People As Superior To You
Valuing yourself requires you to first love yourself. And, nothing erodes your confidence and power more than trying to please everyone else while putting your own needs and desires on the back burner. The fear of being rejected is a powerful fear, one that causes us to value the opinions of others over our own.
In college a good friend rejected me, and it crushed my self-esteem. After hanging tight practically the entire school year, she dropped a major bomb on me. She told me she didn’t want to hang out anymore because several of her friends didn’t like me. I was young, 18, and felt so betrayed and tossed aside. To her, our friendship was disposable, and I made her rejection mean that I was disposable. I thought, “There is something wrong with me.” That situation reinforced a behavior that began during childhood. I tiptoed around trying to do everything to make other people happy so they didn’t leave me.
MOre Info Click Here: https://cassandrawashington.com/3-steps-to-stop-minimizing-yourself-in-a-big-way/
Cassandra Washington is the Chief Visionary Officer and founder of One Degree Shift, a unique learning community of like-minded individuals working together to make a difference in the world around them.
Business Articles1. Virtual Power Plant Market Global Insights And Trends To 2021
2. Watch Repair Services In Vancouver, Bc
Author: Toni Carter
3. Small Gas Engines Market Global Insights And Trends To 2021
4. Nuclear Decommissioning Services Market Global Insights And Trends To 2021
5. Opportunities For Global Shared Mobility Market To Reach $138.7 Billion By 2023
6. Opportunities For The Global Chemical Storage Tank Market To Reach $5 Billion By 2023
7. Importance Of Mechanical Engineering Lab Equipments
Author: Naugra Export
8. Know About Various Types Of Electrical Engineering Lab Equipments
Author: Naugra Lab
9. Don't Be Ashamed Of Wearing Strappy Sandals
Author: Unknown Member
10. Nba Playoffs
Author: lifoot care
11. Famous Foot
Author: Advanced Podiatry is one of the largest Podiatry
12. Avoid Metallosis From Bunion Surgery
Author: lifoot care
13. Communication Equipment Email List
14. Key Requirements Of Iso 17025 Documents For Laboratory Management System
Author: Michel Adrien
15. Microsoft Will Reveal New Games Very Soon : Xbox Games In Gold April 2019 Free Games News
Author: Manoj Varma