ALL >> Health >> View Article
5 Facts Every Parents Need To Know About Autism | Best Autism Treatment In Hulimavu, Bangalore
Total Articles: 24
Research shows that one in 68 children will be diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), a complex developmental disability that affects a child's ability to communicate, play, learn, and relate to others. While the symptoms and signs of the autism can vary widely between individuals, increased awareness and helps parents to seek professional guidance early in a child's life so that early diagnosis and intervention can help children to achieve their full potential.
Here are 5 facts every parent’s need to know about autism,
1. Rates are on the rise:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Autism is 10 times more commonly today than it was in the 1980’s. An estimated 1 in 68 children has autism to some degree.
2. Kids are getting diagnosed sooner:
There is no laboratory or medical test for detecting autism so doctors must rely on behavioral signs. In the past many people were reluctant to label a child as autistic until symptoms became obvious. But that's changing.
3. Autism is a genetic disorder:
Although autism was once believed to be the result of improper parenting to a child, but researchers now believe that genes are not psychological factors to blame. If a couple has one child with autism, there is 5 to 10% chance that siblings will have some sort of autistic disorder. With identical twins, the likelihood is 60%.
4. Large head size is a red flag:
Findings published in the Journal of the Indian Medical Association suggest that the brains of children with autism develop differently from an early age. Researchers discovered that most of the infants who were later diagnosed with autism had small head circumferences at birth but had heads and brains much larger than normal by 6 to 14 months.
5. Early treatment is crucial:
There is no known cure for autism, but intensive therapy helps child learn a wide range of skills - from making eye contact to hugging to having conversation. And the sooner a child begins the better.
These are few facts every parent’s need to know about autism. Our Dr. P. Sumitha Hemavathy is the founder and director of CAPAAR, which provides clinical services, and training programs to improve the lives of individuals with autism and their families. Our doctor will also focuses on Speech and Language, learning, and communication processes in autism across the lifespan, with a major emphasis on very early detection and intervention for autism.
To Know More,
Health Articles1. The Aging Member And “manopause”: What Every Man Needs To Know
Author: John Dugan
2. Specialization In Sports By Youth & Orthopaedic Risks | Best Sports Medicine Doctor In Bangalore
3. How To Know The Most Important Thing To Look For When Choosing An Orthodontist?
Author: Morry Weiss
4. Order Ambien 10mg Online Cod For Sleep Disorder
Author: Ambien Online
5. Use An Android App For Online Doctors And Get Treated At Home!
Author: Abigail Kane
6. 5 Fun Learning Activities For Your Child With Autism | Centre For Autism In Bangalore
7. What Is Online Diazepam Generic (valium 10 Mg, 5 Mg) Cheap Prices?
Author: What is online Diazepam generic (Valium 10 mg, 5
8. Best Dental Clinic In Ranchi, Orthodontists In Ranchi - Dr. Narnoly's Dental Clinic
Author: narnoly dental
9. Everything That You Should Know About Dental Implant Surgery
Author: Dental Implantologist
10. Advantages Of A Pediatrician Over A Family Doctor
Author: Dexter Brown
11. Three Ways To Reduce Back Pain
Author: Leslie Trigg
12. What Is Sperm Freezing And What Is Its Importance?
Author: Rohini Devi
13. The Ultimate Guide - Drinking Protein Powder!
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
14. A Self-pleasuring Club: What To Expect
Author: John Dugan
15. True Motivation To Lose Weight