ALL >> Health >> View Article
5 Facts Every Parents Need To Know About Autism | Best Autism Treatment In Hulimavu, Bangalore
Total Articles: 10
Research shows that one in 68 children will be diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), a complex developmental disability that affects a child's ability to communicate, play, learn, and relate to others. While the symptoms and signs of the autism can vary widely between individuals, increased awareness and helps parents to seek professional guidance early in a child's life so that early diagnosis and intervention can help children to achieve their full potential.
Here are 5 facts every parent’s need to know about autism,
1. Rates are on the rise:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Autism is 10 times more commonly today than it was in the 1980’s. An estimated 1 in 68 children has autism to some degree.
2. Kids are getting diagnosed sooner:
There is no laboratory or medical test for detecting autism so doctors must rely on behavioral signs. In the past many people were reluctant to label a child as autistic until symptoms became obvious. But that's changing.
3. Autism is a genetic disorder:
Although autism was once believed to be the result of improper parenting to a child, but researchers now believe that genes are not psychological factors to blame. If a couple has one child with autism, there is 5 to 10% chance that siblings will have some sort of autistic disorder. With identical twins, the likelihood is 60%.
4. Large head size is a red flag:
Findings published in the Journal of the Indian Medical Association suggest that the brains of children with autism develop differently from an early age. Researchers discovered that most of the infants who were later diagnosed with autism had small head circumferences at birth but had heads and brains much larger than normal by 6 to 14 months.
5. Early treatment is crucial:
There is no known cure for autism, but intensive therapy helps child learn a wide range of skills - from making eye contact to hugging to having conversation. And the sooner a child begins the better.
These are few facts every parent’s need to know about autism. Our Dr. P. Sumitha Hemavathy is the founder and director of CAPAAR, which provides clinical services, and training programs to improve the lives of individuals with autism and their families. Our doctor will also focuses on Speech and Language, learning, and communication processes in autism across the lifespan, with a major emphasis on very early detection and intervention for autism.
To Know More,
Health Articles1. What Is Postherpetic Neuralgia?
Author: Mahesh Singh
2. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? 5 Causes Of Pain During Urination In Men
Author: John Dugan
3. Tips When Using An Organic Baby Formula
4. How To Know About The Benefits Of Invisalign For The Professional In Mesquite?
Author: Scott Pamela
5. Important Things To Know Before Getting Braces
Author: Steve Michale
6. How To Know About Top Facts On Braces & Orthodontists In Poway?
Author: Thomas Adler
7. What Is The Biofeedback Certification Institute Of America?
Author: Harry Campbell
8. How To Know About The Importance Of Orthodontists To The Present Generation In Albion?
Author: Christophers Nolan
9. Drug And Alcohol Policies Are For Companies Of All Sizes
10. The Right Decision To Choose An Orthodontist
Author: Joseph Walker
11. Wisdom Teeth Removal - Faqs
Author: Charlie Wellish
12. Epidemiology Overview - Best Williams Syndrome Treatment In Bangalore | Capaar
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
13. How To Know The Factors To Consider In Choosing The Right Orthodontic Clinic In Maricopa?
Author: Milton Raul
14. Understanding The Three Different Types Of Hair Transplant
Author: Rashi Aggarwal
15. How To Know Important Things To Know About Getting Invisalign In Detroit?
Author: Jerry Lewis