ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
14 Hidden Factors That Make Your Scalp And Hair Oily
Total Articles: 64
You may have heard a lot to grieve over having dry scalp and hair but there are very few to discuss on oily scalp and hair. And the drugstores are only available with those products designed especially for dry hair. People often don’t consider having the oily scalp and hair as a big issue but it is as serious as having the dry scalp and hair because it makes the locks look flat, floppy, and lifeless.
According to Hair Replacement Service, the skin on our scalp, just like the skin on the rest of our body, is full of pores connected to sebaceous glands and these glands secrete the natural oil named sebum which is essential to keep your hair soft and smooth. In case, the sebaceous glands start to produce sebum excessively, it can make our hair oily and greasy.
There are a lot of varied factors that can cause oily scalp and hair. Let’s find out those reasons:
1. Hair types: Sometimes, our hair type can come into a fact that how oily our hair can be. Get Puzzled! Let’s check out the types of our hair that tend to be oilier:
· Curly hair has the higher chance to be very oily at the root portions as the sebum is produced there and has limited scope to travel down the hair shaft.
· Straight hair also tends to be oilier as the oil travels evenly from the roots to ends without any kinks act as obstacles.
· Fine hair too has similar chance to get oily as being secreted by the scalp and lack of enough hair to absorb the oil.
2. Hereditary Factors: In case, both of your parents have oily hair, you have 99% chance to inherit this particular physical characteristic.
3. Vitamin B Deficiency: Vitamin B is very important for both the production and regulation of sebum levels. Lack of this nutrient can lead the sebum levels to go higher and make your scalp and hair both too greasy and oily.
4. Hormonal Disturbance: If the hormonal levels get disturbed due to stress, puberty, menopause, pregnancy, and certain medications, the production of sebum on your scalp can be clustered in an abnormal way and it will result in having oily hair besides an oily scalp.
5. Humidity: If the place where you live in has the high humidity, you must have the oily hair - not only oily hair but the oily skin too.
6. Some Types of Skin Condition: As per Non Surgical Hair Replacement Service, some types of skin condition like psoriasis, eczema, and seborrheic dermatitis can lead to having oily scalp and hair. These conditions do not only cause oily scalp and hair but dandruff too.
7. Brushing Hair Repeatedly: Do you brush or comb your hair frequently? I mean too much! Then you should get aware of the harsh truth that is by brushing your hair repeatedly, you are enabling the sebum to be produced again and again from your scalp through the length of your hair. And it makes your scalp and hair oilier when you already have a natural oily hair.
8. Playing With The Hair: This also follows the same logic as the previous point. You may have consciously or unconsciously run your fingers through the hair and by doing this you are not only re-secreted the oil to your hair but also re-distributing the oil from the scalp through the length of your hair. And it results in making a greasy scalp and oily hair.
9. Using Wrong Products: Without even knowing the hair type whether it’s oily, dry, normal or combination, we use products for our hair that can fall a reverse impact on our hair. Likewise, your hair is naturally oily but you are using the products that moisturize hair like moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, deep fortifying shampoos and conditioners can make your naturally oily hair oilier.
10. Using Too Many Products: Using the hair products like conditioner, hair gel, serum, and others at an extreme level can create the malfunction of the sebaceous glands. Moreover, if these products are alcohol-based, it will be the bigger problem. The mentioned products mixed with sebum can weigh your hair down by making it greasier.
11. Shampooing More Often: In order to get rid of oily hair, you may shampoo your hair every day which is not solving the problem but the aggravating. Shampooing hair more often encourages your scalp to produce sebum to balance the oils stripped away by shampoo.
12. Conditioning Hair Too Much: Applying conditioner too much right from the hair roots can make your hair look oilier and weigh your hair down.
13. Using Hot Water To Wash Hair: Hot water excites the sebaceous glands and promotes them to produce more sebum that can weigh your hair down by making it greasy.
14. Too much Hair Styling: Tying hair up too much in a ponytail can cause sebum to build up on the scalp making the hair greasy. Excessive use of heat styling like blow dryers, curling wands, and straightening iron dries your hair scalp that stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum and make your hair greasy.
So, these are the main basic reasons for a greasy scalp and oily hair. I hope it will come to your help to find out the underlying reason for your greasy scalp and hair so that you can take an immediate step to fix the problem.
Beauty Articles1. Oral-b Vs Sonicare - Who Makes The Best Electric Toothbrush
2. Why You Need To Visit The Best Dentist In Bristol Now
Author: health in hemp
3. What Is Your Secret To Glowing Skin
Author: Niktha reddy
4. Top 6 Skinatura Facial Kit For Instant Glow || Gold Facial At Home
Author: John Christian
5. Planning An Indian Wedding
Author: Shabu Miah
6. Turn Heads In 2019: New Year, New Hair Goals
Author: Chris Babb
7. Botox And Dermal Fillers Treatment
Author: Vogue cosmetology
8. Best Make Up Salon In Kathmandu | Sworupaz Beauty Home
Author: Sangam Gaha
9. Skincare Tips
Author: skincare tips
10. How To Wear Makeup On Occasions
Author: Niktha reddy
11. Get A Gorgeous Tan For A Seductive Look With Spray Tan In Melton
Author: Georgia Nairn
12. What You Should Know About Tape Hair Extensions
Author: Louise Bailey
13. An Amateur’s Guide To The World Of Perfumes And Fragrances
Author: John Smith
14. Best Hair Loss Treatment In Bangalore
Author: Vogue Cosmetology
15. 11 Types Of Body Massage For Relaxation And Stress Relief
Author: Myrah Spa