ALL >> Service >> View Article
Domestic, International Courier & Shipping Services - Uds India
Total Articles: 3
Choosing the Right Box Material for Your Shipment
When you need to send an envelope or a parcel, you should know that different items require different types of boxes. The right packaging will ensure that your parcel arrives its destination without damage. Here is a quick guide to the different types of boxes.
Different courier companies offer different measurements and boxes.
The first step to understanding this is that most international courier services use plastic, wood, and cardboard for shipping. If you come across “corrugated”, it means three sheets of paperboard; this is perfect for delicate shipments as the material is durable and prevents damage. Corrugated boxes can also be recycled and reused; since they are lightweight, they also make for cheaper logistics.
Plastic boxes are also popular because they can hold various weights. But at the same time, they can easily break. The plastic boxes are also difficult to be found in customized sizes. They also have sharp edges that can damage the elements parcelled or harm the person handling the shipping. Another disadvantage to the plastic boxes is that they are heavier than the corrugated boxes. That means you will be shelling out more money on your shipping.
You will also find wooden boxes for the purpose of shipping parcels and other items. However, these boxes are preferred for larger shipments such as freight. Wooden boxes have their own advantages in that they are great for recycling and reusing. Products and shipments that need prolonged storage can be stored within wooden boxes. Additionally, wooden boxes come in different sizes such as the following:
1. Squares are for items of varying dimensions and forms.
2. Tubes are great for storing posters, maps, prints, and other cylindrical items.
3. Wooden boxes with lids are usually avoided because sometimes they are not secured properly and the lid can come off.
4. Multi-depth wooden boxes are perfect if you intend to reuse the boxes for more deliveries and make a great cheap parcel delivery idea.
5. Double-walled and waterproof boxes are recommended when you are shipping fragile items including bottles. It is best if you can wrap the item in a layer of plastic film before shipping them off.
You can find packaging materials in hardware stores, shops that sell stationery, post offices, and even on online shops. You can also locate boxes in supermarkets where you can find them for free or you can reuse boxes that come with electronic equipment. These are particularly sturdy and can hold almost anything. Make sure to avoid already-damaged boxes. Additionally, check that the box does not have old address labels or other delivery information. You do not want your delivery service to mess up the destination particularly if the parcel has important items. You can also check with your friends or family for boxes that you can use.
Choose the material of the box carefully and you would have saved yourself a lot of trouble. When you have located the right box for your shipment, make sure that it follows the requirements as mentioned by your international parcel service.
Service Articles1. Why You Need To Keep Your Erp Updated Now And Then
Author: Alex Forsyth
2. What Are The Benefits Of A Warehouse Management System?
Author: kumar ram
3. Some Things You Should Know About Personalised Number Plates
Author: Alan Hebbs
4. Hp Printer Offline- Get Printer Offline Solution
Author: John Michle
5. Hp Printer Troubleshooting Windows In 10
Author: Andrew Smith
6. The Ways To Select Perfectly Printed Wristbands In Winston Salem Nc From Reputed Printing Organizati
7. How To Cope Up With Loss Of Friendships And Breakups?
Author: David Smith
8. New Type Of Investment Manager - Private Equity Firm
Author: Moksha Finance
9. Need For Building Iot Devices With Ota Functionality
Author: john martine
10. Experienced Removalists Will Move The Articles Safely
Author: sandro saka
11. The Future Of Digital Security In Assam
Author: SM Infotech
12. How To Restore A Carpet After Water Damage
Author: Marisn Mackle
13. A Quick Forklift Hire Guide From Best Forklift Consultant
Author: Dale Sutcliffe
14. How To Post Photos On Instagram From Windows Pc Or Mac – Office Setup
Author: Mr. Ariif
15. Make It A Fly Free Zone With Pestinct Pro Solution’s Fly Management Solutions!!
Author: John Smith