ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Explore Your Very Own Manchester As You Stay At Budget Hotel In Davangere
Total Articles: 4
Cozily nestled in the south Indian state of Karnataka, Davangere is popular for its textile industry. This city derives its name from the legend that King Chalukya (belonging to 6th century) once halted here to rest and find nourishment after a long journey. The literal meaning of the place is ‘lake for the thirsty’. This is a historical city with numerous temples and you can explore them during your stay.
Some must visit places during your Davangere stay are the following.
Located in old town, this temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga. The idol’s head tilts to one side, which gives it a unique allure and beauty. Surrounding the main shrine are other temples and devotees flock here to get the blessing of the goddess. Once every two years the place holds car festival with great gaiety and fervor.
While you stay at budget hotel in Davangere, plan a trip to Agasanahalli village. It is a scenic 70 km drive from Davangere. This village is abode to God Narasimha in an alternate form of Snake God or Lord Subramanya. Locals believe that this temple has been there since the time of Agastya Rishi, he meditated here and hence the name of the village. Both history and religion co-exist at this ancient destination making this a must visit place for tourists.
This temple is a 30 min journey from the city. Located in Harihar or Dakshina Kash, it holds great religious interest. The temple architecture depicts a blend of Chalukya and Hoysala dynasty influence with carved and decorated pillars.
Lord Harihareshwara depicting Shiva and Vishnu resides in a mesmerizing sandstone building. The major attraction however is the idol of Mahishasur Mardini in Peshwa style. Other than that, there are two separate temples for Lord Subramanya and Lord Ganapati around the main shrine.
Feeling the Hunger Pangs?
Feeling hungry after the walk to shrines and temples? Delicious meals await you!
Davangere offers South India cuisine, a mix of North and South Karnataka cooking styles. Thus, you can enjoy a great selection of staple diet like the ragi mudde chapatti (jowar roti) and akki chappati (rice roti).
Try the local delicacies like benne dosa, set dosa, menasinakaayi, avalakki, rice, pulav, mandakki nargis uppittu, and kara mandakki. Benne dosa is a must try food item. It has a fan following worldwide with cities like New York and Singapore.
For your sweet tooth, enjoy the local delicacy - guladiki unnadi – made from rice and jaggery.
Thirsty? Juice parlors can quench your thirst with their flavorful fresh juices and smoothies.
For a comfortable sleep, stay at hotel in Davangere near railway station.
Travel Articles1. 5 Unknown Facts About Finland That You Didn`t Know
Author: Flightsnfare UK
2. Australia: 4 Crucial Things To Know Before Travelling
Author: Australia Visa
3. Time Countries Take For Visa Processing
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
4. Essential Factors Behind The Improving Use Of Koh Samui Villas
Author: Partha Goswami
5. Important Things To Know Before Traveling To Muktinath
6. Breathtaking Panorama View Of Pokhara Tour And Annapurna Range
7. Cheap Limo Service Near Me Put Breathtaking Wedding Productions Within Reach
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
8. Transport In Phoenix Via Charter Bus Rental Only Answer To Two-venue Wedding
Author: Hire Charter Bus
9. Tips For Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking Tour
10. Obtain The Best Customers Service In Nepal Tour At A Completive Price
11. 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed With Our Loudoun Cab And Sterling Taxi Services We Are Proudl
Author: Dulles Express Cab
12. Assistance To Create A Visit To Koh Samui More Happy By Making A Better Plan
Author: Partha Goswami
13. Haridwar Taxi Services, Travel Company In Haridwar
14. Enjoy The Annapurna Base Camp Trekking With Adventurous Activities
15. Sarangkot Hiking Tour For Enjoying This Vacation With Friends