ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
The Art Of Zari
Total Articles: 4
Zari work is an intricate art of weaving threads made up of fine gold or silver. These threads are further woven into fabrics primarily made up of silk to create intricate patterns. Zari thread is widely used for weaving, but more selectively in embroidery. The dull zari thread is called Kora; and the shinier one is called Chikna. The designs made in zari work are so precise and beautiful that apart from the monetary value of these threads, the overall fabric also gets rich and royal look. Traditionally zari thread was formed and it was used as an embellishment of the royal attire.
However nowadays, modernized version of zari, known as metallic zari; has replaced the traditional gold and silver threads. These metallic zari threads are made by wrapping metallic yarn on cotton thread. This metal embroidery threads; has uniform flexibility, evenness and ductility. Metallic zari has resistance to rust, is durable and light in weight, as compared to the traditional zari thread.
Zari is gold and zardozi embroidery is the glittering and heavily encrusted gold thread work. Zari metallic threads are now available in different colors other than gold and silver; and give the same royal look. Zari threads are shrink resistant, which prevents the final product from losing its shine. Zari is famous for its intricate designs and attractive patterns. This metal coated zari wire is economical than silver threads; and they do not color fast and has a very fine finish. Zari embroidery work is mainly the specialty of Lucknow, Bhopal, Hydrabad, Delhi, Agra, Kashmir, Mumbai, Ajmer and Chennai.
PRESENT DAY STATUS OF ZARI
After the decline of royal patronage, zari which was once the jewel of the Indian fabric craft, is now restricted to few parts of the country. Currently, zari is not made up of silver or gold but it has polyester or cotton threads wrapped in silver/gold metallic yarn. Zari is used to adorn the traditional attire during festivities. It is sold mainly in urban cities like Lucknow and Chennai.
People aspire to acquire zari work pieces to add value to their social status. Zari work embroidery is mainly used in kurtis, salwars, sarees, lehengas, dupattas, wall hangings etc. zari work adds shimmer and sparkle in our wardrobes and it is favorite of true ethnic lovers. Revive this beautiful hand craft. Shop for an exclusive collection of Dabka, Nakshi and Zari Threads only at The Design Cart.
You can find collection of Zari Threads at https://thedesigncart.com/
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Discover Rich & Premium Cushion Cover Designs For Your Space
Author: Address Home
2. Midnight Cake Delivery | Online Cake Delivery In Ahmedabad
Author: Malav Fadia
3. 5 Reasons Why Miyamiya (privilege) Gift Card Is The Wedding Gifts For Your Dear Ones
4. Tips To Choose The Right Travel Bag In India
Author: Daffodil Industries
5. How To Choose Bags From The Online Suppliers
Author: Daffodil Industries
6. Buying A Laptop Gets Simple And Quick With Buy-now-pay-later Payment Models
7. The Journey Of A Century-old Tradition Of Christmas Tree Decoration
Author: Lilian Congreve
8. Show Your Everlasting Gratitude With Beautiful Crystal Gifts
Author: Tony Astely
9. A Guide To Take Your Buffet To New Heights With Ultra-modern Buffet Displays
Author: Brendan Lee
10. Windproof Baby Sling Can Be A Very Vital Addition For Your Collection Of Baby’s Accessories!
Author: James Justin
11. Who Is Better In Selecting Gifts, Men Or Women?
Author: Andrew Wilson
12. Your Search For A Flower Partner For Your Dream Wedding Ends At Flower Delivery North Hollywood
Author: Jim Keck
13. Armani Exchange Hampton Diamond Accent Quartz Ax2169 Men's Watch
Author: Adam D
14. Different Designs, Patterns And Fabrics Available - Find Tops For Girls Online
Author: Anil Pal
15. Sarees Collections With Price