ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Hand Block Printing
Total Articles: 4
Textile printing is the process of applying color in definite patterns and designs. Fabrics that are properly printed have color bonded with the fiber, so as to resist color from fading while washing or applying friction. For making various designs on the fabric, wooden blocks, stencils, engraved plates or rollers can be used to place colors on fabric during printing. There are several ways by which a fabric can be printed. Hand block printing is one such technique, which involves carving a desired pattern or design on a wooden block, covering this block with ink or dye and then stamping it on the fabric. While blocks can be made up of stone; but for better results they are more commonly made from wood. Intricate designs that you see printed on a fabric are not designed with a brush; they are carved to wooden blocks. Fine prints of flowers, animals and several abstract designs; gives an interesting face to a simple fabric.
Woodblock printing is the process of printing patterns on textiles; like linen, cotton or silk by using wooden blocks. It is the simplest, but the slowest process of textile printing. Hand block printing is capable of yielding higher artistic results, some of which are not possible by any other designing method. Earlier, the design for the hand block was usually a traditional Indian motif; however, now any design can be engraved on the block to hand print the fabric. Rajasthan is home to hand block printing. This technique of block printing is used in both fashion and interior industry. Good wood block printing requires skill and practice in order to create uniformity and clear patterns.
PREPARING THE BLOCK
Wood blocks used for hand block printing is generally made up of sycamore, plane and pear wood. These blocks may vary in size, but should be two or three inches thick for ease. Side edges of the wood are left and it is not carved. Fine details are very difficult to cut in wood; and if successfully cut they tend to break off in printing. Each color has a different block; so while getting these blocks ready; an important task is to get exact design in your hand before applying. Once wooden blocks are ready, you can start off with printing the fabric.
Small variation in designs of wood block in printing, adds a unique charm to hand made fabrics. It is easy to add value to the life of Hand block print fabric. Some basics like washing them on reverse, ironing regularly and keeping them stain free, helps. The fact that maintenance of these hand blocked fabrics is easy, draws many consumers from across the globe. Also, for hand blocked fabrics in wholesale; buy fabric online at The Design Cart.
For more about Hand Block Printing visit https://thedesigncart.com/
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Discover Rich & Premium Cushion Cover Designs For Your Space
Author: Address Home
2. Midnight Cake Delivery | Online Cake Delivery In Ahmedabad
Author: Malav Fadia
3. 5 Reasons Why Miyamiya (privilege) Gift Card Is The Wedding Gifts For Your Dear Ones
4. Tips To Choose The Right Travel Bag In India
Author: Daffodil Industries
5. How To Choose Bags From The Online Suppliers
Author: Daffodil Industries
6. Buying A Laptop Gets Simple And Quick With Buy-now-pay-later Payment Models
7. The Journey Of A Century-old Tradition Of Christmas Tree Decoration
Author: Lilian Congreve
8. Show Your Everlasting Gratitude With Beautiful Crystal Gifts
Author: Tony Astely
9. A Guide To Take Your Buffet To New Heights With Ultra-modern Buffet Displays
Author: Brendan Lee
10. Windproof Baby Sling Can Be A Very Vital Addition For Your Collection Of Baby’s Accessories!
Author: James Justin
11. Who Is Better In Selecting Gifts, Men Or Women?
Author: Andrew Wilson
12. Your Search For A Flower Partner For Your Dream Wedding Ends At Flower Delivery North Hollywood
Author: Jim Keck
13. Armani Exchange Hampton Diamond Accent Quartz Ax2169 Men's Watch
Author: Adam D
14. Different Designs, Patterns And Fabrics Available - Find Tops For Girls Online
Author: Anil Pal
15. Sarees Collections With Price