ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Integration Testing Is An Important Step In Development Process
Total Articles: 54
Whilst in the software development process, one needs to check the execution of the software developed. This generally performed by the software developers themselves or most of the time, the development company has the team for testing. The sole aim of the software testing is to find the faults and errors in the software- individually, with the interaction units and the entire system. To perform tests, the stubs and test drivers are used.
The sheer software testing involves majorly four levels-
1. Unit Testing
2. Integration Testing
3. System Testing
4. Acceptance Testing
1. Unit Testing: The first level of testing where each and every unit involved in the software development gets tested individually. This is to check the faults in the units separately.
2. Integration Testing: Next Level comes as Integration testing, where every unit are tested to check the interfaces and integration among those components of the system. Commonly abbreviated as I & T is an important step in the complete software testing.
3. System Testing: The process of testing of complete software with the system after the unit and integration testing respectively is software testing.
4. Acceptance Testing: The last step in software testing to test the acceptability of the overall system. It is done to estimate the performance of the software with the real-life applications in the business so as to confirm the product is ready to deliver its output or not.
Integration testing in brief
Many of the times, the software testers get success in the individual testing of the units but when these units get connected, there come a series of faults and errors in the interfacing. So, Integration testing becomes vital here and specifically, an accurate and precise integration testing becomes an urge for the further testing and deployment process.
I & T majorly concentrates on the checking of interfaces and data/information flow between the unit components (whose individual working has already been tested).
Let’s know how?
There are mainly 3 strategies or methodologies for I & T in the software industry-
1. Big Bang Approach
2. Incremental Approach
A. Top-Down Approach
B. Bottom-Up Approach
3. Sandwich Approach - Combination of Top Down and Bottom Up
1. Big Bang Approach: In this way of testing, all the components or most of the units are tested combinely. At the time when the testing team gets the couples of software to check the interfacing between those units.
2. Incremental Approach: There are two types of approaches in this section- either bottom-up or Top Down way. The modules interactions are checked either going from top to bottom or bottom to top to check the logic and connections among the units. The process gets completed when the team tests every modules connection. For an incremental approach, drivers and stubs are used.
A. Top-Down Approach: Step by step the modules are tested in sequence from top-levels to the bottom level. Here test stubs are used to carry out the testing process. Stubs are the modules to be tested and simulated.
B. Bottom-Up Approach: In this approach, test drivers are used to calling the modules to be tested from the lower level to the higher level in the system.
3. Sandwich/Hybrid Approach: A combination of both the incremental approach.
For the complete software testing process, you need to have a strong testing team who can efficiently work to find the hidden errors and faults in the system. Testing is not only important in software development but also in mobile app development and web development.
Hvantage Technologies is one of the strongest development company who efficiently builds, test and deploys the modules and components to create the entire software product.
If you have any project or requirement, come to us to have the best software and IT assistance.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Big Data And Its Impact On The Fashion Industry
Author: Vivek Ghai
2. How Bus Api Integration Helps Travel Portals
3. How To Build An Insurance App?
Author: Hvantage Technologies
4. Pharmaceutical Jobs In Europe
Author: Pharmaceutical Jobs in Europe
5. Do Not Install Your Central Vacuum With The Wrong Pipes!
6. Advantages Of Etl Tool In Big Data Management
Author: Adam Smith
7. Defining The Popular Android App Trends For Year 2018
8. Agreement Initiated For Proper Performance Of Company
Author: James Blake
9. Our Hyperledger Blockchain Services
Author: Tokyo Techie
10. How To Use Augmented Reality And Virtual Reality In Education Industry?
Author: Amit Tiwari
11. Ways How Excess Use Of Mobile Phone Affects Your Health And Life
Author: Jason Bower
12. All About Computer Networks
13. How Much Money It To Build An App Beyond Developmental Expenditure
Author: Emma Watson
14. Revitalize Your Brand With ‘social Listening’ - Call Center Software
15. Automatic Dialer- Enhance Bottom Line