123ArticleOnline Logo
Welcome to 123ArticleOnline.com!
ALL >> Travel >> View Article

With Nhai Soon Starting The Bengaluru-mysuru Highway Project, To Reduce Travel Time

By Author: pranay
Total Articles: 9

Mysuru is more than just a weekend getaway for Bengalureans. Being the second-largest and the third most populated city of Karnataka state, the roads of Mysuru are also one of the most used by frequent commuters to and from Bengaluru. However, the time taken to travel between these two major cities is a matter of great concern. It takes a harrowing 3.5 hours to cover the distance of 145 km between the 2 cities that have NH 275 running through them. But in recent developments, NHAI will be starting the much awaited Bengaluru-Mysuru highway project, as confirmed by Public Works Minister, Shri HD Revanna.

The highway project that was approved in 2014 is all set to get started in a few weeks. As per the NHAI project plan, the highway is to contain tolled 10-lane roads and 6-lane carriageways, and untolled 2-lane service lanes. There will also be flyovers, built at Bidadi and Srirangapattana, and bypass roads at Ramanagaram, Channapattana and Mandya. The project is scheduled to be completed in a period of 18 months.

Honourable Chief Minister of Karnataka, Shri HD Kumaraswamy recently held a meeting with the concerned state officials, PWD officers and officers from the Energy and the Forest Departments. With the project soon taking off from both Bengaluru and Mysuru, the meeting addressed some hurdles that needed to be cleared off before the commencement of the highway building. The Department of Energy demanded 15% of the total project cost for shifting utilities. However, NHAI remained firm as to not let the same exceed 2.5% of the project cost.

The highway project is set to be completed in two packages.

● Package 1: Bengaluru-Nidaghatta, a 56 km stretch, with an estimated cost of Rs 1,984 crores
● Package 2: Nidaghatta-Mysuru, a 61 km stretch, with an estimated cost of Rs 2,169.29 crores

The total 117 km stretch has been budgeted at Rs 6400 crores, of which Rs 2,246.71 crores is for land acquisition. NHAI has acquired 2200 acres of land for the project.

The Bengaluru-Mysuru Highway Project is the 1st ever highway under the Government’s Hybrid Annuity Model (HAM). NHAI will be sponsoring 40 % the project, while the remaining 60% is to be put on auction to be bid upon by various investors.

With this highway in progress, not only will the travel time between Bengaluru and Mysuru be reduced to almost 1.5 hours, it will also help in diluting the heavy traffic. According to a recent survey, the count of Passenger Car Units has been found to be 40000 in 2017, as compared to 20000 in 2004. This recent development by NHAI is surely a relief to the residents of both the cities.

#Bengaluru-MysuruHighwayProject #NHAI #HAM

Total Views: 112Word Count: 445See All articles From Author

Travel Articles

1. Top 3 Thrilling Treks In Nepal
Author: Trekking To Everest

2. Top 3 Treks In Nepal That You Simply Can’t Miss
Author: Trekking To Everest

3. Most Amazing Kailash Mansarovar Tour With Your Loved Ones
Author: Tibettour

4. Make A Trip To Tibet Tour To Get The Best Experience
Author: Tibettour

5. Best Trekking Destination In The Western Region Of Nepal
Author: 4seasontrek

6. Obtain Lifetime And Exciting Experience In Everest Trek
Author: 4seasontrek

7. Top 5 Travel Food In India- Must Have Food For Travelers
Author: Shivam Kumar

8. Take Pleasure From Fun And Happiness With Yoga Trek
Author: Mountain Delights

9. Guide For Planning Langtang Valley Trekking Tour
Author: Mountain Delights

10. Consider A Private Charter For The Ultimate Stingray Encounter In Cayman Islands
Author: Michael Leacock

11. The Extraordinary Guide Who Makes Cape Town Cycling Tours So Enjoyable
Author: Mark Robert Lawson

12. New York Hotel-tryp By Wyndham New York City Times Square South
Author: Geetha

13. The Masai Mara Migration Safari That Helps To Explore Kenya Best
Author: Rene Navas

14. The Kenya Safari Tour Packages – Stress Free Passionate Travel
Author: Jennifer Njoki Gaithuma

15. Visit More Sightseeing Spots In The Trek
Author: nptrekkingroutes

Login To Account
Login Email:
Password:
Forgot Password?
New User?
Sign Up Newsletter
Email Address: