ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Top Five Tips To Reverse Drive The Car
Total Articles: 34
Newbies at driving feel the most intimidation from reversing the car, which is obviously understood, given the intensity of challenge. Driving in the direction of your nose is easy since you can clearly see everything on the road and the blind spot is not too much. However, reversing is very much tricky all that you have learned about driving is to be applied in the opposite direction. The rear wheels are leading the car even though the steering wheel is in your hands.
Many people in India learn driving from their elders and peers, which leaves certain grey areas including reversing. In addition to practice forward driving, you must practice reverse driving in vacant streets or empty parking lots. You can also practice either early in the morning or late at night because you will have to drive at any time of the day once you become expert at it. Choose any vacant area and practice several times just reversing the car.
Do not try to show any stunts when you are reversing the car and keep it very slow, at the snail’s pace. When you maneuver the car slowly, you get the time to think about your surroundings and actions. You can notice the space behind and around the car, people in your surroundings, and manage the speed. At slow speed, you get more time to react.
Look for your direction to reverse drive
You might have seen people in movies reversing their car using just the steering wheel and rearview mirror, but that is not a real life thing, you must know. In reality, and in India, you have to use your brain, eyes, ears, and every sensory motion of your body to reverse the car. When moving your car in the reverser direction, your eyes need to be in that direction, even if your car has sensors placed at the back. Find out where you want to go backwards and use your visualization to find out the right speed and movement of the steering wheel. Then again, you have to look on the front frequently to check for your blind spots. If required, you can remove your seat belt while maneuvering your car backwards.
You must refrain from turning your steering wheel too much. When you are practicing turning your car in vacant areas, you must remember how many turns of steering wheel it requires to turn your car completely in the reverse direction. If you take two turns on the right to move it on the extreme right rear spot, you will need to take two left turns to bring it back straight. Misjudgment of the space and the amount of steering back often leads to crashing the car on the kerb and other cars.
Learn the simple trick
The thumb rule of reversing a car is that if you want to go to the back left towards a wall, your steering wheel should move leftwards, and vice-versa. If you want to move away from the wall on back left, you need to move the steering wheel to the right. It’s simple.
In India, driving is an out-of-the-world challenge. However, you must not feel scared of it, regardless of your gender or age. Once you attain the legal driving age, you must drive as much as you can to gain confidence without being scared of parking the car in tight spaces. If you do not have a car, you can take a cars on rent in Pune and other metropolitans to polish your driving skills, but you must have a legal license for it.
Automobiles Articles1. Increasingly Stringent Fuel Efficiency Norms To Drive The Demand For Electronically Assisted Steeri
2. Advanced Technology And Growth Of The Automotive Industry Will Drive The Automotive Engine Market
3. How To Choose The Best Place To Undertake Your Car Repair?
Author: James Johnson
4. Air Pressure In Tyres-impact On Driving
Author: BK Vijay
5. Considerations To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
6. Taking Advantage Of The Skoda Deals
Author: Daniel Skoda
7. Buying Bridgewater Cars On Sale - Bridgewater Car Sales
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
8. The Roller Conveyor Type Leads The Conveyor System Market In Food & Beverage Industry
9. Lighting To Be The Largest Application Segment Of The Glazing By Polycarbonate Material Market
10. Technological Advancements & The Growth Of The Automotive Industry Are Expected To Drive The Vehicl
11. Get An Airport Shuttle Service When You Are In A Hurry To Catch A Flight
Author: Max Brier
12. A Thin Thread Of Differentiation Between The Bobbers And Choppers
Author: Levi Fysh
13. How To Find Auto Repair Shop - It Is Very Important To Make The Right Choice
Author: Mark Josesh
14. Factors You Should Consider While Hiring A Lorry Anywhere In Bradford
Author: Emma Denton
15. Swipe & Buy: Is It Possible To Buy A Car With A Credit Card?
Author: Williams Orchard