ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Three Great Things About Owning An Electric Car
Total Articles: 3
Ever wondered what it is like to drive an electric car? You likely do not yet know of a family member or friend that owns one, so it can really be difficult to get an idea of what they are like without hearing about someone’s personal experience on one.
Thankfully, we can tell you from our personal experience how they perform on the road, and how it feels like to operate an electric car. You can then buy BMW i3, a popular electric car, if that is something that intrigues you.
1. Electric cars are very quiet.
The one thing that you will immediately notice about electric cars is how unbelievably quiet they are. You won’t hear any loud motors or any other loud contraptions inside the car. With that said, your music will sound a lot clearer, as if you were listening to music in the home. No humming, ringing, or buzzing sounds will distract you from immersing yourself in your music as your drive.
One thing to point out though, is that
electric cars might just be too quiet for pedestrians. They can see cars coming by simply on hearing them, but that is not the case with electric cars. Some cars, however can beep as they backup, so that pedestrians can easily indicate an electric car that is moving better.
2. No home remodeling required.
You don’t have to buy a proprietary charging port or have to remodel your home or garage. Any electric car can fit inside your garage without issue and it can accept any type of electric charge. That is not to say, however, that you might not have to spend a little more money, though.
There are two ways that you can charge an electric car at home: With standard 110-volt outlets, or with a specialty 240-volt outlet, like the kind that clothes dryers need. In order to install the latter, you will not just require a professional to install it for you, but you will also require an EVSE adaptor, which is sold separately.
A 110-volt outlet can charge a car from 0 to 100 percent in about 20 hours. That’s a pretty long time, we admit. With a 240-volt outlet, however, that time is just 6 hours. If you are stuck with 110 volts, we recommend charging it overnight when it is at 30 to 50 percent battery life. It will surely be at full charge by the morning.
3. Electric cars are fuel-efficient.
If you are stuck in traffic jams frequently, your gas-powered car will waste a lot of gas by just having the engine run. When a gas-powered car is driving regularly down a highway, your car will be more fuel-efficient because it can stay in a high gear, and its existing momentum will keep it going.
With electric cars, frequent stops are good for its battery, and driving fast is considered bad for its battery. When you are crawling in traffic, the car gets the energy to feed the battery. While driving fast down the highway, you can end up consuming more battery life than you would be driving on a normal street.
Electric cars, such as the BMW i3, are great cars that are future-proof. When you buy BMW i3, you do not need to rely on going to the gas station again. Your home can be your new gas station. Thanks to these cars being quieter and relying 100 percent on electricity for operation, they can become the new standard in automobiles sooner or later.
Buy BMW i8 by visiting BMW of Bakersfield today.
Automobiles Articles1. Increasingly Stringent Fuel Efficiency Norms To Drive The Demand For Electronically Assisted Steeri
2. Advanced Technology And Growth Of The Automotive Industry Will Drive The Automotive Engine Market
3. How To Choose The Best Place To Undertake Your Car Repair?
Author: James Johnson
4. Air Pressure In Tyres-impact On Driving
Author: BK Vijay
5. Considerations To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
6. Taking Advantage Of The Skoda Deals
Author: Daniel Skoda
7. Buying Bridgewater Cars On Sale - Bridgewater Car Sales
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
8. The Roller Conveyor Type Leads The Conveyor System Market In Food & Beverage Industry
9. Lighting To Be The Largest Application Segment Of The Glazing By Polycarbonate Material Market
10. Technological Advancements & The Growth Of The Automotive Industry Are Expected To Drive The Vehicl
11. Get An Airport Shuttle Service When You Are In A Hurry To Catch A Flight
Author: Max Brier
12. A Thin Thread Of Differentiation Between The Bobbers And Choppers
Author: Levi Fysh
13. How To Find Auto Repair Shop - It Is Very Important To Make The Right Choice
Author: Mark Josesh
14. Factors You Should Consider While Hiring A Lorry Anywhere In Bradford
Author: Emma Denton
15. Swipe & Buy: Is It Possible To Buy A Car With A Credit Card?
Author: Williams Orchard