ALL >> Career >> View Article
Resume Tips: How To List References On A Resume
Total Articles: 17
There are lots of candidates applying for various jobs but they are unaware to write a proper traditional resume which would actually shortlist them for an interview. Let us see few resume tips on a how to list references on a resume.
Do not include Professional References anywhere on the resume instead include a new sheet and mention all the references.
Now let us see what all should be included in your Professional references Page:
Name of Company
Relation to Reference
There are two reasons not to mention the addresses of the references because the hiring managers will not contact your references physically and your references are not willing to share personal information.
Another Resume advice is to include a short summary of your relation with the reference. Suppose if your reference was your manager you can mention the same. It is also mandatory to mention the years of relation with your reference.
Let us see a sample of Professional References Page:
Name – Ravishankar
Designation – Content Manager
Name of Company – Futurism
Phone Number – 9876543210
Email Address – Ravi.email@example.com
Relation to Reference – He was my manager for contents between 2014 and 2017.
Resume advice on Number of References:
There might be many well-wishers for you but then it is not necessary to mention all of them. It is very important to note that one must include the references only if they are relevant to your profile. At the same time, the HR has very less time to go through the resume, therefore, it is ideal to keep the references to a minimum of 2 to 3 people.
The main thing is about the quality of references and not the number of references.
The number of names is not as important as the quality of the references. You have to be sure that the people selected as references will contribute to your job search. Follow the above-mentioned resume tips to get hired successfully.
Career Articles1. Kairos Consultancy | Right Destination & Right Opportunity For Job
Author: KAIROS CONSULTANCY
2. How To Select The Appropriate Consultants In Gurgaon?
Author: anoop kumar
3. 6 Ways To Find The Best Locum Pharmacist Jobs
4. Electrical Engineering Interview Questions And Answers
5. Best Pharmaceutical Training Institute In Mumbai
6. How To Style A Button Up Shirt In 4 Different Ways
Author: Melanie Schwartz
7. Baciano Is Giving A Helping Hand
Author: Melanie Schwartz
8. Best Pharmacovigilance Training Institute, Courses And Programs In Mumbai And Pune
9. How To Become A Consultant
Author: Ian Marsh
10. Best Biotech Training Institute In Pune: Biopharma Training
11. Career Opportunities: Explore Career In Banking.
12. How Retained Recruiters Differ From Contingency Recruiters?
13. How To Answer Interview Questions With Confidence?
14. Job Interview Tips: Top Pre-interview Checklist
15. How To Answer Introduce Yourself In Interview For Freshers?