ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
6 Things To Keep In Mind When Buying General Insurance Online.
Total Articles: 1
Buying general insurance online is always a smart thing to do. It’s super easy and requires only a tiny fraction of the time & energy of real-time insurance shopping. Moreover, it gives you access to a considerable amount of savings as online premiums are much more affordable than their offline counterparts.
However, going online to buy general insurance is a very DIY approach to securing yourself. It requires a lot of research and planning, without which you could end up over or under insured. To keep this from happening to you, this article will highlight 6 things you should remember when buy general insurance on the World Wide Web.
1. Choose the right plan.
When you buy an offline plan, you always have an agent or sales executive to guide you. They know all the plans available and can help you choose the right one.
You might think that the absence of such personnel through the online medium is a huge drawback. But when you think of it, sales execs and agents are always trying to either upsell you or push certain plans. Moreover, the internet is full of resources to help you choose the right plan; a little research and a few consultation calls with an insurance provider should help you arrive at the right plan for your needs.
2. Filling in the details.
When you buy general insurances online, you have to fill all the forms yourself. There is no agent or branch executive to do it for you. Whilst this reduces the chance of error considerably, it also means you need to double check everything before submitting. Spelling mistakes or errors can be a pain to get corrected.
3. Cross check policy information.
When buying general insurance online, it’s very important you cross check the details, features and premiums of the plan with the insurer before moving ahead. This is especially so when buying insurance from one of the many aggregator sites. Sometimes it could so happen that they are running an outdated policy and you pay only to realize that the benefits mentioned are no longer available.
4. Take screenshots when you buy general insurance online.
It’s very important to keep a trail of all the transactions you make online. After making the payments, take a screenshot as proof of successful payment. These can be very helpful in case of misunderstanding or denial on part of the insurer.
5. Taking a print out of the policy document.
With online general insurance, there is no physical policy document. Most insurers will send you and email containing the document. And though it is safe to keep such documents in your mailbox, it’s worth it to take a copy and inform your spouse or a loved one of its location.
6. Read policy documents carefully.
It’s definitely now going to make for light reading, but it’s important and up to you to check the terms and conditions yourself. If you need help, it’s worth it to consult the expert services of a financial advisor. It might cost you a little but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
We hope these pointers help you buy general insurance online. Good luck and all the best, we wish you a smooth and hassle-free buying & insurance experience!
Insurance Articles1. A Quick Look To The Highly Beneficial International Travel Insurance India
2. The Care And Maintenance Tips For Piccolo
Author: Joseph White
3. Who Cares After You End – Secure Your Financial Future
Author: Ackerman Insurance
4. Few Things You Must Know Before Buying Cello Instrument
Author: Micheal Jordan
5. Benefits Of Hiring Public Adjusters For Property Insurance Claims In Nj
6. A Brief Overview Of Worker's Compensation Insurance
Author: helland agency
7. What Home Insurance Means To You
Author: Absolute value insurance
8. Tips For Investing In Mutual Funds
Author: somesh mane
9. Financial Services For Investment | Money Tree Solution
Author: Money Tree
10. Why Having A Music Lesson Insurance Is Important For The Instructors?
Author: Victor Johnson
11. Ensure The Best Value For Your Claims With Insurance Assessor
Author: Claim Makers
12. Roles And Responsibilities Of Loss Assessors
Author: Claim Makers
13. Avail Maximum Insurance Payout With Loss Assessors
Author: Claim Makers
14. How To Find Out The Benefits Of Term Life Insurance
Author: Joanne Finucan
15. What You Need To Know About Financial Planning
Author: Mary Jane