ALL >> Family >> View Article
What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Total Articles: 4
Alzheimer's is a progressive brain disease and is one of the most familiar forms of dementia amongst elderly people. It starts early with mild forgetfulness and over the years it severely affects the memory. The person ultimately looses his/her ability to carry out daily tasks and it is irreversible.
This disease starts slowly; it first attacks the part of the brain that generally controls memory, thoughts, and language. For this reason, people who are diagnosed with this condition face trouble in remembering things that happened recently.
It is good to speak to a medical person or home health care provider if you or your loved one starts to show any of the following symptoms:
• Problem with attention, such as studying written words or comprehending differences in color, contrast, or spatial relationships (i.e. how near/far objects are);
• Problem in solving puzzles or making plans, such as following cooking instructions, doing simple mathematics, or managing a track of regular events such as meetings, appointments, and utility bills;
• Disorientation, such as not recognizing your current location or knowing why you’re there, or difficulty understanding how much time it took to reach their;
• Decreasing communication skills, such as a shrinking vocabulary or incapacity to adequately convey opinions or beliefs;
• Strange judgments, such as incorrectly wearing clothing or putting items where they don’t belong;
• Unwanted mood changes associated with things such as stress, sadness, fear, or related conditions;
• Difficulties with memory, such as trouble remembering information, names, or details regarding people and things the patient need to be well-acquainted with.
Typically these signs may appear fairly harmless in the early years before Alzheimer’s has completely taken grasp. Some friends and family may initially see these signs as comic, honest misunderstandings. However, their connections are very dangerous and could foreshadow much more severe difficulties down the road.
There is no particular test for Alzheimer's condition, so doctors will watch out for the signs and indications, medical history, and rule out other diseases before making a diagnosis.
They can further check the person's neurological capacity, for instance, by testing their balance, thoughts, and reflexes.
Other evaluations may incorporate a blood or urine test, a CT or MRI scan of the brain, and screening for depression.
Sometimes the indications of dementia are associated with an inherited disease such as Huntington's syndrome, so genetic testing may be done.
After ruling out other potential conditions, the doctor will carry out cognitive and memory tests, to evaluate the person's capacity to think and memorize.
Since the disease is irreversible, an elderly person with this condition will need round the clock monitoring and caring. The life expectancy of the person can be quite long in case the disease sets in early. It may not be always possible for a family member to provide this required care. So home health care solutions specifically for this health condition may be the kind of solution one looks for. elderly care in kolkata (adult care) can present an opportunity for your loved one with Alzheimer's to get assistance and therapeutic services.
Are you a home caregiver? We can understand it can be tiring and time-consuming. Home health care services in Kolkata can provide you with a temporary break to rest, to get jobs done or to complete housework. Also, geriatric care services may be a choice for your loved one if you work full time during the day or live in another city.
Healthcare at home made possible to get services like geriatric care, elderly care or home physiotherapy service in the convenience of your comfort zone. Now recover from health issues or grow old without having to worry about leaving your home. Contact us for more information: http://www.kankeicare.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Articles1. How To Choose The Right Adoption Agency
Author: Marc Deschamps
2. Mobile Dog Grooming Sandton Can Be Very Beneficial For Your Dog’s Health!
3. Show Your Love By Gifting The Best Gift They Deserve
Author: eAlpha Shopping
4. Mobile Dog Grooming Midrand Brings Maximum Convenience For The Pet Owners!
5. Mobile Dog Grooming Randburg Helps Pets To Stay Healthy And Happy On A Long Run!
6. Live The High Life With Loft Living
Author: Harp Kaur
7. When To Hire Ca Live-in Care Agency?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
8. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Lead A Quality Lifestyle At The Elderly Age
9. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
10. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
12. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
13. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
14. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont
15. How Can A Ca Live-in Care Agency Help?
Author: Gabriel Fulton