ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Advice For Driving Your New Subaru Levorg While Pregnant
Total Articles: 57
If you’re expecting a new addition to your family, you may be looking at a new Subaru Levorg for sale. This is a great family vehicle and is perfectly suited to the demands of day to day life. However, before you get behind the wheel, you need to know the best way to drive while pregnant, so you and your unborn baby can be comfortable and safe.
The Dilemma of Comfort vs. Safety
Once you reach 30 weeks, driving can be a real challenge. As your belly expands, reaching the controls can be a problem, particularly if you are a little on the shorter side. While it may be tempting to skip the seatbelt and this is permissible in several countries including Japan, Greece, and Italy, expert research and advice suggest that it is much safer to stay restrained. In the event of a crash, you and your child will be safer if you’re wearing a seatbelt compared to if you collide with the steering wheel. Providing your seatbelt is worn correctly, it will certainly be helpful, but if it is improperly adjusted it could be dangerous. The lap belt should be placed below your bump to ensure that the baby’s own natural protection bubble is not damaged in the event of an accident. If you find the sash belt uncomfortable, you should avoid tucking it under an arm, and wear it diagonally across over one shoulder, pulled to the side of your baby bump.
Dealing With the Airbag
Airbags are compulsory on all the new cars sold in Australia. Remember that the passenger airbag is far larger than the driver’s airbag, so you’ll need to sit further back. In the driver’s seat, try to have a minimum of 20 centimetres between the rim of the steering wheel and your body. You should also tilt the steering wheel away from your body and toward your face.
Coping With Long Journeys
While long journeys are best avoided when you’re pregnant, if this is not possible, there are some ways to cope. To stay comfortable, you should adjust the position of your seat regularly, checking that the lumbar settings are supporting your spine and the headrest is behind your neck and head. For increased support, bring a back cushion from home to stay comfortable. You should also take regular breaks to allow you to stretch your legs and prevent further swelling in your feet ankles.
If you are thinking about a Subaru Levorg, Perth drivers should visit us. We have a fantastic choice of models including the new Subaru Levorg. The City Subaru sales staff is also on hand to answer any questions, discuss finance and insurance options, and arrange your test drive.
City Subaru is your number one local, family owned Subaru dealership in Perth, providing great service, and quality vehicles across 2 locations in Vic Park, and Maddington, so you’ll be able to start your next adventure in a brand-new City Subaru.
Automobiles Articles1. Increasingly Stringent Fuel Efficiency Norms To Drive The Demand For Electronically Assisted Steeri
2. Advanced Technology And Growth Of The Automotive Industry Will Drive The Automotive Engine Market
3. How To Choose The Best Place To Undertake Your Car Repair?
Author: James Johnson
4. Air Pressure In Tyres-impact On Driving
Author: BK Vijay
5. Considerations To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
6. Taking Advantage Of The Skoda Deals
Author: Daniel Skoda
7. Buying Bridgewater Cars On Sale - Bridgewater Car Sales
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
8. The Roller Conveyor Type Leads The Conveyor System Market In Food & Beverage Industry
9. Lighting To Be The Largest Application Segment Of The Glazing By Polycarbonate Material Market
10. Technological Advancements & The Growth Of The Automotive Industry Are Expected To Drive The Vehicl
11. Get An Airport Shuttle Service When You Are In A Hurry To Catch A Flight
Author: Max Brier
12. A Thin Thread Of Differentiation Between The Bobbers And Choppers
Author: Levi Fysh
13. How To Find Auto Repair Shop - It Is Very Important To Make The Right Choice
Author: Mark Josesh
14. Factors You Should Consider While Hiring A Lorry Anywhere In Bradford
Author: Emma Denton
15. Swipe & Buy: Is It Possible To Buy A Car With A Credit Card?
Author: Williams Orchard