ALL >> Health >> View Article
Different Types Of Cancer Surgeries And Its Purpose
Total Articles: 14
Cancer is yet again a very chronic disease that has adverse effects on other organs as well. There are a lot of treatments available for cancer like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc but surgery is definitely the most effective of all. Even today surgery can treat most of the types of cancer and shows excellent results if it is successful. But the decision to go for surgery depends on a number of factors like the stage of the cancer, patient’s age, risk associated with it and lots more. Surgery is not only a way to cure cancer from its root but also helps in diagnosis. The cancer experts use it to see till where the cancer has spread and the tissues affected by it.
What is the purpose of surgery?
There are lots of reasons as why surgery is suggested by the best cancer surgeon. These reasons are as follows.
• Diagnosis of the cancer
• To see till where the cancer has spread and the organs affected by it
• Location of the cancer
• Get rid of the cancer tissues or the tumour
• Restoration of the body’s function
Surgery is usually carried out when therapies, medications and other solutions do not work. The cancer surgeries are also of different types and performed keeping in mind the different factors related to the patient’s health history.
Diagnostic – The very first type is the diagnostic through biopsy which helps to determine the stage of the cancer, its location and to which parts, tissues or organs the cancer has spread. In case of the biopsy a small tissue from your body is taken for the test. After the process is complete, the doctor can reach to some conclusion and can tell you more about your cancer.
Curative surgery –This is the surgery done to remove the complete tumour or the tissues that are affected by cancer. The best part is that it cures the cancer from its root and therefore there are fewer chances that it will come back again. In some cases curative surgery is the first choice of the doctors.
Palliative – This is not exactly the surgery but a kind of therapy that relives the after effects of the cancer surgery. The main aim is to ensure that the patient gets relieved and feels comfortable too.
Preventive surgery – In this surgery an attempt is made to remove the tissue or cells which can result in cancer in the long run. This helps in bringing down the risk if cancer and ensuring that the patient leads a healthy life.
Supportive surgery – This is done along with other treatments like radiotherapy, chemotherapy etc so that the best results can be achieved. It really works and a great option to put an end to the cancer.
CUSP Surgeons is definitely a well-known centre to treat different types of cancer to the fullest. Headed by Dr Arvind Kumar and Dr Vivek Gupta you can receive the best possible treatment and get rid of the cancer in a proper way. So get yourself diagnosed and seek the right solution from your expert.
CUSP Surgeons Specialisation in metabolic & bariatric surgery, weight loss surgery, gastric sleeve surgery, mini gastric bypass.
Health Articles1. Sensory Integration|best Pediatric Physiotherapists In Hulimavu,bangalore
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
2. Everything About Vitamin B12
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. Modafinil Tablets Boost Executive Functions
Author: Lewis Paul
4. The Significance Of Dental Care To Your Overall Health
Author: Donnell Nash
5. Can Counselling Get You Out Of A Bad Relationship?
Author: Richard Gosling
6. 6 Herbal Extracts That Treat Daily Health Concerns Naturally
Author: Quantum Naturals
7. Tips For Ivf Success By Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
8. Pros And Cons Of Plastic Surgery
Author: Kelly Sanchez
9. How To Know The Effect Of The Invisalign Treatment?
Author: Joseph Donald
10. Heart: Care For It And Live Longer
11. How To Find The Perfect Orthodontist In Lafayette?
Author: Thomas Mark
12. Chose The Best In Orthopedic
Author: Sandeep Tomar
13. How Effective Are The Lung Test Devices And How Can It Keep You Healthy?
Author: Natasha Adhikary
14. The Best Cardiologists In India: Dr Naresh Trehan & Dr Ashok Seth
Author: Medical Services of India
15. Why You Should Go For Fermenting Foods And Vegetables
Author: Kriben Govender